Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep Discussion for an adaptation.

SamFletcher

Hello, I am a college student currently in the pre production stages of creating a film trailer for the above named book. I need to conduct some target market research, so I thought I would start here :).

So, What features should be retained in the trailer? E.g Should I show the relationship of Rachael and Focus on the close up emotion of the eyes etc.

Are they any quotes or scenes that stick out in your head and believe they would make for a good trailer.

And finally, What is the first word that comes into your head when I mention the book 'Do Andorids Dream Of Electric Sheep'.

If you could take your time to reply it would help me so much with my film and my course. Thankyou.

And finally, What is the first word that comes into your head when I mention the book 'Do Andorids Dream Of Electric Sheep'.

Are two words allowed? If so, Blade Runner....

Just to let you know, I have removed the copy of this post you made in General Book Discussion, as we don't allow duplicate threads in seperate forums.

Are two words allowed? If so, Blade Runner....

Just to let you know, I have removed the copy of this post you made in General Book Discussion, as we don't allow duplicate threads in seperate forums.

Ok No worrys, are there any key things I need to keep in my trailer?

I think of my first PKD that gets more acclaim by fans than it deserve. It was an interesting dystopian world but themes,character wise not as strong as most of the better PKD.

I cant help with qoutes since i dont remember exact words but focus on Androids: what is human question, the humans longing,love for animals even unorganic ones. Those are more important themes than relationship with Rachael.

Is this a re-edit of Blade Runner into a trailer, or are you making a trailer based on Do Androids...? If the latter, then the notion and imagery of Wilbur Mercer crawling up the mountain and having rocks thrown at him is pretty powerful. Also the scene with the spider and the empathy issues therein, although you'd probably have to figure out how to do it without hurting any real spiders (please don't use CGI). Good luck.

My favourite scene from "Do Androids..." (and, incidentally, not included in "Blade Runner") was the bit where Dekker is arrested for being a suspected replicant and ends up proving that the whole police station are replicants and didn't know it.

My favorite part is when Rachael pushes the goat off the roof. Blade Runner left a lot of good stuff out in their adaptation. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I don't think they even go into the whole Mercerism thing.

Is this a re-edit of Blade Runner into a trailer, or are you making a trailer based on Do Androids...? If the latter, then the notion and imagery of Wilbur Mercer crawling up the mountain and having rocks thrown at him is pretty powerful. Also the scene with the spider and the empathy issues therein, although you'd probably have to figure out how to do it without hurting any real spiders (please don't use CGI). Good luck.

I'm remaking the book, I live in Blackpool so I cant see me having a mountain scene. I'm trying to focus on the emotional aspects, Thanks for your input though.