Leigh Brackett

I've read the Fantasy Masterworks anthology 2 months ago, loved her work. Is any of the rest of her material in print?

iansales

Sadly, no. At least not in the UK. But her books can be found second-hand. I picked up most of mine from eBay or at conventions. It's worth noting that the stories in the Fantasy Masterworks collection also appear in other collections and separately - so you could end up with multiple copies of some stories...

Connavar

Paizo,Planet books has several of her famous books in print.

You can get it online or through your bookstore.

j d worthington

Connavar is right (bless you, Mr. C, for being so strongly supportive of such writers!). If you have trouble finding them, you might try the link below:

paizo.com - Paizo / Paizo Blog / Tags / Leigh Brackett

That will give you some idea of what they have in print by her at present. You might also try looking for the collection, The Best of Leigh Brackett, which was edited by her husband, Edmond Hamilton. It was both a hardcover and paperback, went through more than one printing, and was a long-time selection of the Science Fiction Book Club, so shouldn't be too hard to find....

Connavar

I actually have two books of her through second hand places like bookmooch.

I have The Best of Leigh Brackett which a Vance fan send me along with Vance books. She is a very interesting writer i hope to read much more of and get the Planet Stories books.

Connavar

This is a very cool article about Brackett.

Epiphany by Michael Connelly

Epiphany

Its awesome how people can inspire other people so different from them. Michael Connelly is the last person i saw as Leigh Brackett fan. Michael Moorcock sure but not him.

BigBadBob141

"Lorelei Of The Red Mist", "Martian Quest" & "The Sea-Kings Of Mars" are all good collections of her stories published by NESFA (New England Science Fiction Association).