The Land that Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs,a query

Was this book the basis for the much later film that I remember,or just a titular coincidence?
The Land That Time Forgot (Land that Time Forgot, book 1) by Edgar Rice Burroughs

Yep. The screenplay (which was, from what I understand, rather mucked-about-with by higher-ups, especially toward the end), was by Michael Moorcock and James Cawthorne.

According to Leonard Maltin it is, and seems to be verified by the description on the back cover of my little Ace paperback edition. (Which has a fantastic cover by the way. No artist is credited but it looks like it could be Roy Krenkel.)

Quite possible, as Krenkel did a fairly good number of covers for the Ace editions....

I started this last night to help blank out the events of the day before turning out the lights and evidently I picked the right tool for the right job. Just a few pages into it but it's well written and the sinking of the ocean liner by the German U-Boat is jaw-dropping powerful.

I read these books, along with the John Carter of Mars and Carson of Venus series, way back in my teens (perhaps prompted by the NEL paperback editions, many of which featured the most stunning covers of beautiful and scantily clad ladies :)).

Loved them then; not so sure I would now.