Edgar Rice Burroughs

RVM45

.....How come there isn't a thread for ERB in the Authors Section? He's my all-time favorite autho:cool:r.

.....RVM45

.....How come there isn't a thread for ERB in the Authors Section? He's my all-time favorite autho:cool:r.

.....RVM45

This is a question that comes up constantly with different writers. The fact is that, in order to have a special sub-forum set up, any writer has to not only have a number of posts, but provoke enough interest to sustain several threads discussing that writer or their work. Otherwise, you end up with new sub-forae being set up all the time and then just dying for lack of interest... yet cluttering up the pages, making it more difficult for people to find those they are interested in.

Burroughs gets a fair amount of attention, and even an occasional thread or two; but so far there's not enough sustained conversation about his work to merit the establishment of a special section. (The operative phrase here being "so far". This can always change....)

I like him too but as JD says, there just doesn't seem to be enough overall interest in him to yet justify a subforum.....:)