Spoiler Speculation on Season 3 (second half)

PTeppic

Reetou Diplomatic Corp
Well, the new trailer is out (as played at the end of "The Lazarus Experiment"). So I thought it would be better to discuss its contents here, rather than in an episode specific thread...

PS. Who's the actor who delivers that first line: "We need a Time Lord"?

From the trailer that I've been able to guess
all the space-based, near-the-sun, scenes
Human Nature
the "Jack Straw" scare-crows and "need a Time Lord" opener, perhaps where the Doctor has the device attached to his head making him scream?
The Family of Blood
the distinctive tall, slim dark-suited 1913 men
Blink
there's a single cut of a "haunted house" type zoom towards a child
Utopia
scenes with Derek Jacobi, and at least some of the Cpt Jack ones outside the Torchwood tower thing
The Sound of Drums
possibly some of the Saxon footage
Last of the Time Lords
more Saxon?

I couldn't quite place the scenes of what looked like WW1.

And references in other threads to the "white TARDIS doors" at the end of the trailer...

...having just re-watched the whole episode I'd pretty much suggest they're just the Doctor's own TARDIS doors. Which are basically white, with an old-style phone on the right hand door. Any other TARDIS would presumably still have a working chameleon-circuit working and wouldn't have two poilce-box style doors with the phone. Unless it was disguised as the Doctor's TARDIS, and the owner knew what the Doctor's looked like.

And references in other threads to the "white TARDIS doors" at the end of the trailer...

...having just re-watched the whole episode I'd pretty much suggest they're just the Doctor's own TARDIS doors. Which are basically white, with an old-style phone on the right hand door. Any other TARDIS would presumably still have a working chameleon-circuit working and wouldn't have two poilce-box style doors with the phone. Unless it was disguised as the Doctor's TARDIS, and the owner knew what the Doctor's looked like.

If it weren't for the fact that the doors on the inside were white, then one would be inclined to say that it is the Doctor's TARDIS. But I'm pretty sure that inside the Doctor's TARDIS, the inside of the doors are either brown or blue.

If it is the Doctor's TARDIS, then why would he change the colour of his doors on the inside? But if it isn't the Doctor's TARDIS, then why does the inside look exactly the same? I've been under the impression that all, erm, TARDISESSES are completely different inside.

---

Also, I speculated in a previous thread - what if the episode "Utopia" is on Gallifrey? From the spoiler you've posted, though, Tep, it seems pretty unlikely, but for the facts that Gallifrey has been mentioned quite a few times this series, the name of the episode, and the probability that Saxon may pop up in that episode (quite a few sources have said with conviction that both Simms and Jacobi would play the Master - and we know that the Master takes on different bodies), is it such a bad guess?

---

Human Naturethe "Jack Straw" scare-crows and "need a Time Lord" opener, perhaps where the Doctor has the device attached to his head making him scream?

I'm going to disagree with you on the
headset making the Doctor scream
. Methinks that will pop up in
one of the Saxon episodes, possibly as a device of some sort that allows the Master to take over the Doctor's body - the Doctor we see at the end of the trailer looks quite evil, don'tcha think?

As mentioned I re-watched "The Lazarus Experiment" this morning - we see inside the TARDIS at the very beginning as the Doctor parks in Martha's front room. Therefore we see Martha approach the TARDIS doors from the inside. Although they don't seem quite as clean and shiny as the trailer, they're definitely white, though Martha's in front of at least one of them all the time.

Quite happy to accept disagreement... it's all up in the air till the episodes show! However,
the online material for "Human Factor" and "Family of Blood" clearly say the Doctor gives up his Time Lord genes and becomes human, which presumably is done in some big machine....? And we're assuming he gets it back?? Or, really weird possibility, the Master is actually just some long-lost and time-traveled element of the Doctor's own Time Lord genes/personality...?

I've just been watching a couple of the other episodes (Shakespeare and Gridlock), and we also see the inside of the TARDIS doors then - maybe they were white once, but now they're a very dirty brown colour.

Which once again brings up the question - if the inside of the TARDIS we see in the trailer is the Doctor's, why has he cleaned the doors? It might sound a bit trivial, but it just doesn't seem right. He's had dirty doors for every other episode, why should he suddenly clean them?

There's a bit of strangeness for you - I'm pretty sure that on the front of the TARDIS doors, the poster says "Pull to open", right, yet both doors push open, don't they?

---

As for the double episode mentioned, well, what can I say but "Wow!"? It brings up so many questions, which will probably be answered in the episode... ooooh! You'll remember the end of the Shakespeare episode, where the Doctor is chased out of the Globe by the guards after the Queen sees him, yes? Is it just me trying to make links, or would you say that the time period for the episode with the burlap doll looks like the right time period for the Doctor's run in with the Queen?

Sorry Lenny - episode notes put the Jack Straws as 1913. Which might somehow lead into the WW1 footage also shown (or might not!).

Good question about the doors: they're definitely white at the start of "Lazarus", so when/why did he clean them. Alas I don't think I've got any of the preceding episodes available... :(

Stage6 · Doctor Who · Videos

The quality of them is very good, and they seem to be all full length. I don't know when they update, though - they've not got last nights episode uploaded yet.

But that is strange. They were definitely a dirty brown in the last few episodes. :p

Shame about no Gallifrey. I really want to see Gallifrey! :(

Makes you wonder, though - if it was destroyed in a Time War, was it destroyed throughout all of time, hence he not being able to return, or was it only destroyed in one period, bringing up the question - why won't he return?

Or the bit where the Doctor is in a dressing gown, talking about "it happening in the future"...

I think that quote, "It all took place in the future" said in an odd sort of upper-class accent, could be linked with his "What exactly do you do for him? Why does he need you?" thing to Martha. I think in becoming human, he's forgotten a lot of stuff, including who he is, and believes his adventures to be some sort of fantasy.

I know one episode is based on the book "Human Nature" in which the doctor is made Human, how the scarecrows come in to it I'm intrigued to find out.

And further to speculation in other threads, the trailer seen at the end of the Lazarus episode covers the back end of this season.

Where is the crow man when you need im!

:D

I think that quote, "It all took place in the future" said in an odd sort of upper-class accent, could be linked with his "What exactly do you do for him? Why does he need you?" thing to Martha. I think in becoming human, he's forgotten a lot of stuff, including who he is, and believes his adventures to be some sort of fantasy.

They, and the bit with the Doctor in a dressing gown, appear to be the two-parter, "Human Nature" and "Family of Blood"...

Good question about the doors: they're definitely white at the start of "Lazarus", so when/why did he clean them. Alas I don't think I've got any of the preceding episodes available... :(

White doors were definitely there in "Smith and Jones" (it was on again last night and they were present and obvious)

They were white in tonight's episode, too ("42"). Which is very interesting. Either I'm going senile, or he really has cleaned them for some reason. :p