Spoiler Speculation on Season 3

It would be nice for the two to go up against each other again, but I'm sure the original scriptwriters killed off the Master after the actor who played him died in a car crash.

Ahhh, sorry mate, wrong there.

The Master survived and came back in the Deadly Assasin (5th Doctor) and I remmber my Father Gasping and saying oh my it's the master! He was also in Survival I believe the last episode ever made with the old team.

One of the best sadly!

Really? Looks like the Wiki God was wrong, then!

Well, they've brought back the Daleks, and wiped them out of existence twice, and the Cybermen, so why not the Master also? It'll definitely be something to see the inside of another TARDIS.

Don't read if you really don't want to know about returning characters:
I know for a fact that Cap'ain Jack Harkness comes back a way into the series, and features in the series finale.

Wiki god?

Is that like some kind of weird Hawian Fetish thingy:D

Wikipedia is the wiki to read about Doc Who, and yes it's where I get one or two titbits. John Simms (life on Mars) is in the frame to play the Master if you look in the forum part of the Saxon website you will be amazed at the in jokes floating around!

And yes Saxon is in my view the Master!

I think I will set up another thread at some point for the younger fans to give an overview of the old series as a few folk seem a little bemused by this returning of old foes my goodness someone I'm sure didnt know who Davros was!:D

Nah, the Wiki God is just Hoopy's name for Wikipedia. It's caught on a bit. :p

Now that could be something. Saxon being the Master... which would definitely allow Saxon references to be strewn across the Universe like Torchwood and Bad Wolf were. Hmmmm.

I am a trendsetter around the Chron...Wiki God has caught on, and Lennis as well. :p

Well, the Master seems intent on prolonging his life...perhaps he's back to try and steal the Doctor's regenerations again. Or perhaps it's something more sinister (cue dramatic music). Still, whatever it is, it would be cool to have the Doctor's old enemies making an appearance.

More Daleks, please :D

So will I be right in guessing that the Master is on his 13th regeneration, then, or something close?

Which reminds me... only one more Doctor to go. :( I don't think we'll be seeing any more Dr. Who in a few years time.

Only one? :confused: We're only on the tenth doctor, aren't we?

And yeah, I was browsing through Wiki and it says that the Master has used all his 13 regenerations. But it seems he's taken over a few bodies in his time, as well.

I thought we were on #12... let's check!

Out of interest, how does a Time Lord take over a body?

EDIT: Well I'll be, we are only on #10. Yay! :D

Some Timelords can "Steal" the physical energy and form of another Humanoid being.

I suspect the Doctor will have this ability too as the Master seen in the original Who was in fact the 5th Doctors assistants (Nysa's) father. Tegan (another of his then assistants) asked if he (the Doctor) could that. If I remmeber he replied that he could but he was somewhat disgusted with the suggestion!

Oh I'm going to have to get a few threads started!:D

Hmmm... that is interesting. I like the idea that the 12 regenarations is simply a limit imposed by the High Council.

I've always wondered if it's possible for the Doctor to go back in time and visit Gallifrey. I doubt it'll ever happen, but it'll be nice to see it. They've only ever mentioned it by name once since Eccleston became Doctor, I think.

If you check back through the older series there is a mention of 24 regenerations (just a passing reference) - the writers will come up with some explanation if they have to!

I remember one episode where the doctor was on trial and the prosecutor was his 15th (?) regeneration who would get all the rest of the regenerations if he won. Peter Davison era?

According to the litrature I assimilated as a child the number is thirteen, it has been mentioned many times, only the master has exceeded this as far as I know. I believe that the energy that the eye gifts the Timelord's runs out after that.

There are artifical ways to regenerate but they are nasty and do no good to the mental welfare of the recipient.

Most Timelords have control over their regenerations I believe the doctor is one of the minority with no control over when he goes and what he turns out like.

Fair enough.

---

How will Saxon pop up in the next episode, do you think?

isn't on of the 4 darliks from the end of series 2 meant pop up at some point cause he transports himself away from the hole

Now here's a shocker

Think they will miss it out unless our young assistant mentions it....

Ooooo reminds me go to sign up for the website.

Yup think were going to have a break for say a week or two a historical next week with Shakespeare mmmm, week after maybe the new partners family that might have some refernces. As time goes on it will become more and more evident. I think the Lazarus will have more to do with it as well, hmmm getting younger curing fatal diseases I wonder where I've heard that before......

Have a nice night Lenny