Prador Moon.

Neal Asher

England http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher http
Here's the front cover of the British Macmillan version of Prador Moon.

Pradorfront1.jpg

Well, here’s some nice news. According to Jason Williams of Night Shade Books, my gore-fest-of-flesh-eating-aliens book, Prador Moon, is their second-best selling title. I immediately inquired who was their best seller. I don’t mind … I don’t mind coming second best to Ian M Banks. (hur hur)
Oh, and here’s another thing that’s been brought to my notice: The Top 10 SF writers of the 00’s. I’m not sure this list means much, but it’s nice to see that someone thinks like this!
Final bit of news. I’ve handed in Line War to Macmillan and am now turning my attention to another –short– book for Night Shade’s. This one will be about Cormac’s early years.

Neal,

Not having read any of your books before, I picked up Prador Moon yesterday - and wanted to report back how much I'm enjoying it! Very gory, but great fun! I'm now looking forward to getting some of your other books very soon. :)

And thanks for taking the time to be available to fans here on Chronicles - much appreciated! :D

Neal, I have recently started reading your books - the voyage of the sable keech and most recently Prador Moon on my sony ereader - couldn't put them down. They've been the best reads I had this summer! Thank you for writing such great stories.

I have a question about this book - more exactly about the 2008 Tor paperback version.
How many of the 256 pages are filled with text - I guess it's not 222.
If it's more I'll have to see if I can change the copy I got - as it seems to be missing the last chapter. Also it's missing page 203 (OK, every line ending contains 2-3 characters but that's it)
All of which is too bad - as I really enjoyed the rest of this book :D

Hi Taltos,

If it ends with 'they danced by the light of the moon' then there's no chapters missing. 222 pages -- damned if I know why there's so many blank pages afterwards, probably something to do with the printing process. However, my copies are not missing page 203 (and 204?). Get onto whoever you bought it from and get a replacement.

Hi Taltos,
If it ends with 'they danced by the light of the moon' then there's no chapters missing. 222 pages -- damned if I know why there's so many blank pages afterwards, probably something to do with the printing process. However, my copies are not missing page 203 (and 204?). Get onto whoever you bought it from and get a replacement.

Neal, thanks for the quick reply - I'll check how the book ends in the evening. AndI can only wish the book buying process was so easy here - mostly I'll have to order books to be delivered - as was case with this book - so the best case is probably that I'll get substitution in a month or so if at all. :mad:

Neal,

As you're bobbing around... any plans for more Prador books? Or a book from the POV of the war drones?

Great books, keep 'em coming.

Hi Taltos,

That was it - so only one missing page :D and thank you for the link - but I already have all your books, except Orbus and story collections.

Still an online bookstore link is always good to have.

Urien, I'm writing one now about gabbleducks and hooders etc in which the war drone Amistad (the scorpion) puts in an appearance and, yes, probably more prador books in the future, though I am starting a new and very different series shortly, so not for a while.

Unfair, Neal! Not sure what to look forward to the most -- hooders and gabbleducks, or the new venture!

Well I'm not sure I've started in the right place but I just found this in the library(alongside 4 others) and picked it up as my introduction to the world of the Polity. Been looking forward to reading your stuff! I will report,as usual, on my blog!