Non Bio
Staff member
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

DANIEL!!!!! they have to stop doing that to him :crying: he does not deserve it. Where is he now? Floating in space? Maybe someone (Thor?) beamed him away, if they knew where he is. Jack doesn't seem too concerned, maybe he just fears the worst. I'm liking Ba'al more and more though. The first Goa'uld to understand he can benefit from helping the Tau'ri sometimes rather than just bombing us regardless.
Good ep, nice conclusion to the story. Did Selmak/Jacob get a lethal dose of the machine though, being too close?

I missed the first half of this episode, but don't think I missed anything important.
Originally posted by space monkey DANIEL!!!!! they have to stop doing that to him :crying: he does not deserve it. Where is he now? Floating in space? Maybe someone (Thor?) beamed him away, if they knew where he is. Jack doesn't seem too concerned, maybe he just fears the worst.
Firstly, Daniel must be dead, I don't believe in any scheme they devised to have him rescued (which they will of course, as surely as the replicators will return and Jack will go fishing.)
Originally posted by space monkey I'm liking Ba'al more and more though. The first Goa'uld to understand he can benefit from helping the Tau'ri sometimes rather than just bombing us regardless.
Secondly, isn't Baal becoming a little too camp as a villiain? He reminded me of Fu Manchu. He didn't start out as a 'Pantomime' villain. But everything about this series is becoming 'over the top'.
Originally posted by space monkey Good ep, nice conclusion to the story. Did Selmak/Jacob get a lethal dose of the machine though, being too close?
Selmeck/Jacob did seem to be damaged in some way. Tell me more about the machine, that's the part that I missed!

The machine is supposed to be able to break anything down to a molecular level I think, but is only powerful to work for anything on the planet and and in its orbit, not the actual planet because it is too big. Carter is altering the device to just disrupt replicaters but they must hit them all at once to avoid any being able to learn and adjust to the new weapon once some have been hit, that is why they involve Ba'al because they know he can alter the gat system so that every single gate in the galaxy is online at the same time and the weapons energy can travel through the open wormhole. The device shouldnt affect any human/organic lifeform because it is specifically for the replicator energy signature. But I wonder if it being only 0.76% a match to the original device that that was enough for Selmak/Jacob to get hurt because he operated the weapon and was much closer than anyone else. Plus the room was well shielded so the Jaffa on the planet would have been ok, though Carter was close but seems ok. How was the ship destroyed though? It was in space rather than near a planet. Maybe that was close enough.

good description of the machine. :D It was supposed to be like a larger version of the replicator disruptors Jack created, it disrupts the molecular bonds between atoms.

As for the ep, i would say one of the best this series. Everyone was great, Jack, Teal'c, Daniel!!!!! Did you just *love* how he used the connection with replicator Sam. And also the dialogue between them was great. I always prefered series 1/2 Daniel, but i might have to change my mind ;)

And it was a little weird at the end, that Jack and Sam were talking about him, but they didn't try to come up with a plan to go rescue him. :( Even if they think he's dead, surely they'll want to try?

And agree with Dave that the 0.76 means that some of the replicators must have survived - so we'll be seeing them again.

I didn't understand the 0.76 part, so I'm not so sure now. I've already read
that Season 9 sees a new threat, and apparently this season's final episodes of 'Atlantis' and 'SG-1' are linked together
so draw your own conclusions from that. Personally, I always thought that the Replicators were too great a threat. If the Asgard could not beat them, it wasn't feasible that we could, and digging up an ancient weapon just in time is too convenient a solution.

A good second parter.

Well thats the end of the replicators I dont believe we will see them return.

Poor Daniel but a great performance from him but dont write him off just yet ;)

As for Jacob being hurt by the weapon, well that is a little off becuase the weapon came out of the top of the mountain. But he is definatly suffering from something.

Baal is getting a bit wierd but I think he can see the writing is on the wall and needs to establish good relations before he gets his ass kicked as well as removing Anubis once and for all.

Some great plot twists (Evil Sam and Daniel, Jacob and Baal) and great moments in the final stages before the replicators finally were destroyed.

I watched the serpents lair tonight and the end scene when Daniel appears to Jack, Sam and Tealc is just priceless and sums up SG1 to me, I found it even more so after watching reckoning Pt 2 last night.

Ranger

A great episode, it definitely completes very well what they begin in Part I. I totally enjoy it. Definitely love the interaction between Daniel and Sam-replicator. Very cool how he use the moment to control the replicators at some time. And definitely would have to see how he's coming back after his "death" again. I suppose he probably will be ascended by Oma again and maybe descended again. To put it in some way. :lol:

Also love the interaction between Selmak/Jacob with Ba'al when he was helping them with the weapon. I just love the part when he tells them the piece they have to use and when he tells them because he's a god and god's are all knowing. The face of Selmak/Jacob was just priceless. I'm sure he have a very strong impulse of taking off the arrogant smile from Ba'al's face. :eek: Definitely great scenes between them in the episode. I wonder how Anubis will react when Ba'al return without taking the Temple back and how he would explain how the replicators were destroy. I suppose probably he will omit the part of his help. :lol:

Krystal :p

I found this to be a fanstastic episode.. I loved the tie in between all the different fights going on at the same exact time in slo-mo while daniel - dies?? Anyways.. I found it a quite powerful and compelling episode. Definitely the strongest episode in a while.