Staff member
9.17 : William.

-----------------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------------

This episode starts with a lady from an adoption agency delivering William to a couple. Then we do a flash back to the previous week. Doggit finds a severly burned man going through X-Files and takes him in for questioning. The man gives Doggit a fake name and want's to talk to Scully about alien abductions. He claims to know Mulder and knows things only Mulder would know. A genetic test is done on him and everyone except Scully starts to beleive this man is Mulder. We later find out that that burned man is Jeffery Spender(the Smoking Man's son and Mulder's half brother). He injects some kind of unknow metal into William and says that now the aliens won't be able to find and use William. Scully decides to do what is best for William and gives him up for adoption.

Will Mulder want to see William when he get's back for the season finally?
:blpaw:

This was a great episode, the decision of Scully was very difficult. Love how Scully don't accept that the man is Mulder even when they tell her the results of the supposedly dna test. Also it was cool how they explain who he was at the end.

As for William, I suppose we will see more of him at the end of the series.
:p

Krystal :D

This was one of the better episodes of the season I think. The "is he, isn't he" thing with the burned man was interesting and I for one was wondering there for a while. And the ending was so bittersweet it almost made me cry.

The DNA test had me convinced that it was supposed to be Mulder, or at least his clone.

Only a few weeks ago they had an episode with a man whose DNA sample was too close to have been anyone other than a brother that he didn't have, but not close enough to be him. Yet in this episode they said it was a positive match. I was disappointed when it turned out to be
half-brother Jeffery Spender
that didn't make sense. His DNA would be quite different.

Would you let that man sleep in your house? With your baby in another room? Without locking any doors?

No, I wouldn't either. What was Scully thinking?

Baby William must have been very frustrated at the end when he couldn't make the mobile spin around any more. I liked that shot -- nice touch!

I didnt expect it to be him. Do we still use spoilers in here?

when they said the thing near the end about somebody killing him, i thought it would be Krycek, for like a split second, but then it was Spender, kinda a surprise
Didnt see that coming at all :)
knew it wasnt Mulder cos i accidentally saw pics of him, perfectly fine, from the Truth over at the OS, so i figured it wouldnt be him
Overall, i liked the eppy, kinda sad because from the beginning we knew what story we would be told. I understand her reasons and dont blame her, but whats Mulder gonna say bout it all? :(

xxx

Excellent episode overall.

Such a hard decision for Scully to make concerning William.
hope she doesn't regret especially if Mulder makes a comeback.

I have to say I did guess correctly that is was Jeffrey Spender underneath all those burns, this was before the DNA test took place. It was the eyes that let him down, meaning it couldn't have been Mulder if the DNA test said so. Good for Scully in trusting her instincts.

I have to agree with Dave. No way on earth I'd leave a stranger in my house alone with my baby or kids come to that.

I was kinda hoping that at the end in his new home that William would 'turn' the mobile.

Oh well, heres to next weeks episode. :D

annette :)

Maybe with Doggett and Reyes there she felt like she could let this strange man sleep in her house with William and herself. Plus, i'm sure there was a bit of Scully that was hoping it was Mulder, even with all the disfigurement, maybe it was that part of her and the fact that she felt safer with Reyes and Doggy there, that allowed this man sleep in her house.

xxx

That may have been the case but even so I wouldn't have let him out of my sight for one second knowing William was there.

annette :)

Yeah me neither actually, and with Scully knowing how protective she is of him, i wouldnt have expected it from her, but ya never really know whats going on inside someones head do ya.