Is RDA staying in Stargate ??

jaygee

Having just visited a different SG board, I read a question on it that made me go AAAAGGGGHHH. It asked whether it was true/false that RDA is written out of SG1, 8 episodes into series 5 !! Anyone know anything more ???

Hey jaygee,
Welcome to the boards! :)
We hope you have a fabulous time with us!

In the world wide web of Stargate Fandom, things tend to get a little out of hand. Rumours are everywhere. There is ALOT of speculation and hearsay. This creates massive uproars and panic. (I think we ALL remember the Michael Shanks incident).
A word of advice:

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ - ESPECIALLY WHEN IT RELATES TO STARGATE SG-1!

There is no way anyone on the internet (unless your names are Brad Wright, Jonathan Glassner or Micahel Greenberg), would have/know this kind of information and the whole idea of Richard Dean Anderson (or any other of the 4 core members for that matter) being written out of the show is HIGHLY unlikely.

Point is, there's no point in believing anything you read unless it is a direct quote from a person associated with the show.

Now that I've said my piece. I'll let everyone get on with life.

In the words of Farhbot:
Lurk Less, Post More.

i agree with shelby. i too have heard that rumor...but until it's confirmed by separate 'official' pages i wouldnt' count it as true. i'm hearing it's cropped up before.
in short don't lose sleep until mgm makes the announcement.

I guess the reason for asking was to check the rumour, not necesarily believe it ! Anyway, thanks for the reply shelby, but please remember not to shout. I may be stupid, but I'm not deaf !!

Hey Jaygee,
That wasn't shouting. It was emphising a point. I didn't mean to offend you. Nor are you stupid. I'm simply making a point. Alot of us here have gone through this stuff before and rumors can get quite frustrating for everybody.
Anyways, cya on the boards! :D

Hi Shelby. Typing in capitals on the net tends to be regarded as shouting - but hey, I can live with that. Anyway, having gone back and posted a 'where did this come from query" re my original ????, this rumour apparently started in Australia after a visit by Peter Wingfield (Tanith) in early April. He said that a main SGC character is written out in series 5.
Apparently RDA is known to be looking to reduce his tv work following the birth of his daughter, as he now knows there is more to life than acting, so I guess that's why his name was put forward.
We have to live without him eventually, but hey - not just yet !!

There's a bigger discussion on who could be for the chop, or whether it was a peter wingfield joke on gaters.net.

Ohmigod, this is so freaky! I was on the "ideas for stargate movie" thread and said, way before I heard this RDA leaving thing, that I had this gut feelin' someone outta sg-1 would be written out. Weird or what?...... d'ya think I'm gettin' psychic powers? Nah, wishful thinkin'!
NEwayz, I certainly hopes no one outta sg-1 gets written out, it'll be too weird with a new team member.