Official Board closing

Man what a tangled web. When you guys said their were some cranky people over on the USA boards, you weren't joking. :D No offense is intended Callista (I hope I got the name right and if I didn't, I apologize).

This was just an offer of a new home for the Xena fans over at SUSA with the possibility of saving all the information that has been stored there. If it happens, great for some. If it doesn't, so be it.

Please keep in mind that while some are saying things about us over at the SUSA forums, we can't comment on them because they aren't accepting new registrations. All we can do is read them which is a tad unfair but the way the world works sometimes.

Cheers,

You guys can always give me stuff to post over on the SUSA forum as well... and they should be accepting new members soonish.

I posted a link to this thread from there so people can come over here for more info as well. FYI.

LOL

MythingLink... that should read that I'm a dear when I'm not being bossy and only after I've had my first cup of coffee.

:p ;) :D

Hi padders,

Just wanted to let you know that this Nutforummer appreciates your offer to relocate all our wise and wonderful past threads ;) .

Maybe I'll see you in a couple of months.

thanks everyone, i did appreciate the positive response i got from so many people.

No response what so ever from studioUSA so the whole point might be moot. I will send them another email at some point with a possible suggestion though.

Originally posted by ewlyn
LOL

MythingLink... that should read that I'm a dear when I'm not being bossy and only after I've had my first cup of coffee.

:p ;) :D

Hey I've 'seen' you before you've had your first cuppa and I wouldn't say that you're not a 'dear' before that. Maybe a little rambly. :D

BTW, hows the shoulder and we need to get Mac over here if not just to say "Hi".

Welcome to Mixxster. Thanks for the support. No matter what happens, you guys will always have a home here if you want it.

Cheers,

MythingsLink... I'll work on Mac. :D We're working on a uber fanfic story right now over on the SUSA netforum... I'll mention it to her. :D

And you're right... I'm more rambly than anything else.

And the shoulder is fine... feels a bit stiff and sore, but it's not screaming anymore so I'm a happy camper.

hey mything!

well never say we didn't warn ya...:D

hola mixxs!

just remember, Where Angels Go Trouble Follows...:D

Par...

Hi

Stopping bye to say hello. I'm CAM from the netforum. I've been to ASciFi before, but only for book info. Didn't know they had a XWP forum.
CAM

Hello everyone and thanks for the support.

We did have the Xena forum going in the MiniForum section for awhile, but since I'm a Herc fan (dont' kill me ;)) I couldn't get it going very well and I was always a bit jealous that we had a Xena forum, but not one for Herc. :D It's the main reason I thought about making this all one place, Ren Pics. So if anyone wants to talk Herc ... :evil:

Cheers,

Hey ewlyn

Glad to hear the shoulder is doing better. I was beginning to feel left out on the XHWA board with both you and Mac having pinched nerve problems. ;)

Cheers,

ewlyn trotts over to the Herc section in search of mything...

;)

note on the copyright issue

While the Xena forum at Studios USA will remain up for presumably another couple of months, the fans of "Jack" and "Cleo" were saddened by the demise of those boards, especially given the contentious nature of other Studios USA boards.

As they were new shows that hardly lasted a season, the fan base had only just begun to develop, with 15-20 sites for each, and the central Studios USA message board(s) recognized as collegial, congenial sites for fan interaction. We were very pleasantly surprised to have cast members (Bruce Campbell, Angie Dotchin, Stuart Devenie, Joel Tobeck, Erica Hooper) post there, as well as behind the scenes people such as writer Carl Ellsworth, dresser Nigel Carboon, CGI-whiz Kirsten aka Tblue, and another costume/make-up person whose name I forget.

Accordingly, things such as fan lists, keeper's lists, fan fiction, etc. were primarily archived at the forums only. Several alternate sites - primarily Mary D's and xenite.org - were located, and most of the crucial posts were transferred there for safekeeping.

The copyright issue was discussed. While I am far from a lawyer, I have studied the basics of copyright, and traditionally the author of anything by definition holds the right to whatever s/he writes, unless it is done so as an agent of another entity. (i.e. if I were hired by Ren Pics to write an episode, or if, as a volunteer, I wrote a bio of someone for a Creation-sponsored convention appearance.)

For someone to claim copyright infringement, they have to first prove ownership, and then must show how they have suffered damages somehow. Otherwise, there's no money involved - all they could do would be to ask you to remove whatever it might be. Furthermore, recent rulings have tended to exempt simple personal, electronic communication from copyright. In other words, if John Grisham sends me an e-mail, it's personal correspondence for me to do with as I like - he does not retain exclusive rights to what he has written. I suspect the same would hold true for message boards!

Most importantly, we notified Studios USA of the location for our new "Jack" site, and they helpfully posted a link to direct future fans to the new location. As we made major and repeated announcements at both old and new locations about the transfer of material such as fan fiction, it would seem that we did so with their blessing! :)

Thank you

I just want to say thank you for having a place for us Xenites to go when they shut down our board.

I'm sure this will be just as friendly as it is there.:blush: