Death/ merged

Asmiley

lost in Time
I go to Acen every year. and now I go to 2 scifi c
I liked the original cast the best. with Quinn, Wade, the Professer, and of corse Remmy.

I thought that the professor's death was lame. I mean they went through so much: Dinosaurs, plague,the Atomic Bomb, a world without the constitution and the way he goes is an injustice to the character. Just getting shot? I mean the writers could have done better than that. Or maybe not. the writers really didn't know what they were doing when they let Quinn go.
If they had to merge anyone all I can say is WHY Quinn? My beloved Quinn! The show went down hill from there although there were a few interesting eps with Remmy. Last I knew He was still in the show.

I lost track...

After the death of the Prof. things (for me at least) seemed to go down hill...it's been a long time since I've watched Sliders...I loved the older series, I didn't miss a single one (as far as I know)...alas it's never shown on tv anymore (or I always miss it :disgust: )... :(

I haven't seen it in a long time...but then again I haven't been watching much tv lately...there seems to be a lack of programmes...well apart from the 6th showing of every single STTNG eppy but there's only so many times you can sit and watch them lol :dead:

I'd love to see the first series again, I loved watching Sliders :(

I can't say how much I agree with everything you both have just written.

When the first series was on I couldn't wait for the next week, it was my favourite show. The original cast were brilliant. Then it just seemed to go slowly downhill. Prof. Arturo was a great character and when he went the end was in sight.

There were some good episodes with Remmy, he seemed to improve, but the episodes in general were repetitive, formulaic and boring. They messed around with the timeline so it became utterly confusing. It is an example in how to destroy a good show.

I wish it was on the Europen SciFi channel, as I've said in many another thread now what they show here is utter bilge. You say how many times can you see Star Trek - well a lot more than the Six Million Dollar man, I can assure you!

I wish it were on the Sci-Fi channel too or it would be great if the BBC could run the 1st series again...although they have a habbit of shoving anything that isn't Star Trek on at 1am :mad: like they did with Space Above And Beyond (yet another great show that was axed :( )...you never know, in years to come Sci-Fi might show Sliders as a classic and play it mid-afternoons. :rolly2: We can dream :smile:

I got my name from Farscape...I actually love flying so I figured Prowler-Pilot would be good. :D

I think we should rally the troops and get the letters and emails flooding in hehe...:rolly2:

Originally posted by Prowler-Pilot
I wish it were on the Sci-Fi channel too or it would be great if the BBC could run the 1st series again...although they have a habbit of shoving anything that isn't Star Trek on at 1am :mad: like they did with Space Above And Beyond (yet another great show that was axed :( )...you never know, in years to come Sci-Fi might show Sliders as a classic and play it mid-afternoons. :rolly2: We can dream :smile:

dream no more.. I just heard that Sliders is coming to the SciFi channel (UK) starting from the beginning again on May 13th (sunday night slot)

hehe football comes first for me. But yesterdays game was cancelled as a mark of respect, so I watched new SG-1 that I would have missed otherwise.

I've seen the entire series...good lord that must have been about what, a year ago? I don't even remember anymore. Yes, Remy was there for the entire run. They kept Maggie too, which I'm glad about. Other than that though...

They had no plan, plane and simple. This seemed like the kind of show that the writers never expected to last too long, as they seemed to have no real idea of how to wrap up a plot.

This is what I hate about American TV shows. They frequently start out well, have great 1st and 2nd seasons, but they stay around too long. As a result, they start to go down fast and hard. Hell, one reason I like anime is because your average anime series is short, and has a definitive ending. No being dragged out, no inconclusive plotlines.

Sliders had such great potental...it's a shame that the writers didn't do anything with that.