Fave Episode?

It's quite a while since I watched them, and I don't have any on video. These are some I remember:

1) The one where they are in a VR game and don't realise it.
2) The one where they find those beautiful women, who are really ugly aliens sucking their minds.

Hey! Also good is the one caled... Camile where Lister teaches Kryten to lie 'orrr'
'orange'
'orrr-urrr'
'orange'
'orr...ur.. no sorry, sir, it's a banana'
'apple, banana, small yellow parasol... hungraian navy on maooeuvers in the south pacific!'

ok paraphrase but not bad from memory, huh?

The one with the Holovirus :D :rolly2: :lol: Rimmer in that gingham dress is not something you forget in a hurry.
"What will we do with them now Mr. Fibble? We can't possibly do that......who'd clean up the mess!"

The one where they find a portal to the past is good too.

cant remember the titles, but i do love the little song at the end, "shipwrecked and comotose" not the title of it, just a little excert. does anyone know all the words to it?...peachy

As mentioned on the other thread (hell, we need the extra posts eh?) my all time favourite is "Queeg". It's the one where Holly is replaced by the Queeg 900 (?) coz he's gone computer senile. He puts the crew thru hell before we find out it was all Holly all along just having some fun with them coz they'd said they were bored. I've memorized sooooo many lines from that epi, it's embarassing.
And Holly singing "It's goodbye to love" before they terminate him is hysterical.

"Junior encyclopaedia of space, eh? Your respect for me is awesome"

Definitely 'Future Echos'...

"ahh, what are future echos?"
"how simple do you want this?"
"so Lister can understand"
"oh dear"

Squire

I found this episode guide:

Series 1 - 1988 Series 2 - 1988
1 The End....................15 Feb
2 Future Echoes..............22 Feb
3 Balance of Power...........29 Feb
4 Waiting For God............ 7 Mar
5 Confidence & Paranoia......14 Mar
6 Me^^2......................21 Mar
7 Kryten.................... 6 Sep
8 Better Than Life..........13 Sep
9 Thanks for the Memory.....20 Sep
10 Stasis Leak...............27 Sep
11 Queeg..................... 4 Oct
12 Parallel Universe.........11 Oct
Series 3 - 1989 Series 4 - 1991
13 Backwards.................14 Nov
14 Marooned..................21 Nov
15 Polymorph.................28 Nov
16 Bodyswap.................. 5 Dec
17 Timeslides................12 Dec
18 The Last Day..............19 Dec
19 Camille...................14 Feb
20 D.N.A.....................21 Feb
21 Justice...................28 Feb
22 White Hole.................7 Mar
23 Dimension Jump............14 Mar
24 Meltdown..................21 Feb

Series 5 - 1992 Series 6 - 1993
25 Holoship..................20 Feb
26 The Inquisitor............27 Feb
27 Terrorform................ 5 Mar
28 Quarantine................12 Mar
29 Demons and Angels.........19 Mar
30 Back To Reality...........26 Mar
31 Psirens................... 7 Oct
32 Legion....................14 Oct
33 Gunmen of the Apocalypse..21 Oct
34 Emohawk: Polymorph II.....28 Oct
35 Rimmerworld............... 4 Nov
36 Out of Time...............11 Nov

Did RED DWARF start on radio? Not exactly. Rob Grant and Doug Naylor wrote the short-lived radio series SON OF CLICHE (broadcast for two six-episode seasons on BBC Radio 4 in 1984). In an ongoing series of sketches, a space cadet named Dave Hollins was trapped alone on a spaceship with a slightly senile computer called HAB. (The voice of HAB was provided by Chris Barrie, the actor who plays Rimmer in RED DWARF.) Many of the ideas and jokes from these sketches were later incorporated into RED DWARF, but there is no direct connection. The script for one of the "Dave Hollins, Space Cadet" sketches is included in the RED DWARF OMNIBUS

Is there an American version of RED DWARF? No, not really. The NBC network expressed interest in an American version of the show and two pilots were made by Universal, but no series was ever produced. The first pilot was written by Linwood Boomer and filmed on 22 January 1992 at Universal City Studios in Los Angeles.

The cast included the following actors:
Dave Lister.................................Craig Bierko
Arnold Rimmer.............................Chris Eigelman
Holly........................................Jane Leeves
Kryten..................................Robert Llewellyn
The Cat....................................Hinton Battle
Christine Kochanski...................Elizabeth Morehead
First Officer Munson...................Michael Heintzman
Captain Tau...........................Lorraine Toussaint
Grant Naylor served as technical consultants. Robert Llewellyn (from the BBC cast) reprised his role as Kryten. (Some fans may also recognize Jane Leeves from the American comedies MURPHY BROWN and FRAZIER. LAW AND ORDER fans may remember Lorraine Toussaint as public defender Shambala Greene.) The plot was a retelling of "The End", with some elements of "Future Echoes" thrown in for good measure. Some surprising and odd changes were made: for example, Lister was transformed into a clean-cut and well-dressed Caucasian, and the H on Rimmer's forehead was replaced with a silver marble. After rejecting this version, NBC commissioned a second pilot with the following cast:

Lister......................................Craig Bierko
Rimmer....................................Anthony Fuscle
Holly........................................Jane Leeves
Kryten..................................Robert Llewellyn
Cat........................................Terry Farrell
The second pilot was not a complete episode, but rather a promo that combined scenes from the first pilot and newly filmed segments spotlighting the new cast members. This pilot fixed some problems (such as restoring Rimmer's H), but had more odd changes, such as casting a woman as the Cat. (Terry Farrell went on to play Jadzia Dax on STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE.) The second pilot was also rejected, and the proposed series was shelved indefinitely. Neither pilot has ever been aired or released on videocassette, but bootleg copies of the first pilot can be found at science fiction conventions. (The second pilot does not seem to have fallen into the hands of bootleggers.) A redesigned Kryten suit (of somewhat better quality than the old BBC version) was made for the U.S. pilots by Joseph Kerezman and Mike Moore of JK Costuming. When the pilots were rejected, the BBC created a new Kryten suit (based on the U.S. one) for Series Six.

also me2 was a subsitiute for a weird one where rimmer goes mad and steals bits of lister to make a new body. that series (first) almost died due to a strike. i wud like to see what GN though was TOO WEIRD for red dwarf....

Even though I like some of the actors who would have been in a US version of RedDwarf I am SO glad they didn't get it on the air. I can only imagine how US producers would butcher it, they'd never be able to get the humor right. And I say this BECAUSE I live in the US! I'd hate to see my beloved Dwarf ruined by dumbing it down into the usual american comedy!

My fave episodes include: Emohawk-Polymorph II, Lister's honeymoon is priceless and I love Dwayne Dibbley!
Blue--Lister and Rimmer kissing? Excellent! And the Rimmer song is hilarious. Sang that one for weeks afterward.
Back in the Red pts 1-3--Rolled on the floor with laughter. Rimmer's salutes are hilarious. "The world loves a *******!"
And Pete 2 which made me laugh even harder!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the movie!!!!!!!

Aing-Tii

Yiiipppppiiieeee!!! Any idea when it's out? I missed u so much Listie, I missed u too Rimmsie! hehehehe hilarious! (I know i didn't spell that right!)

i looooove gunmen of the apocolypse. i love them all. hello aiing-tee. great to see you post. i have but one request, please try to star out bad language as these forums are g rated. i know it is easily done, but it is better to try and star it. no offence, buddy! ;)

hehe, I love Dwayne Dibbley too. I went to an anniversary party the other week, and this one poor lad turned up in a tuxedo and he had Dwayne Dibbley's teeth! I know he can't help it, he was born with them, but I couldn't take me eyes of his gnashers all night, I kept wondering where he was hiding his thermos (and his extra-large condom).

:freak4: :freak4: :freak4: :freak4:

So this is really me? A no style gimbo with teeth the Druids could use as a place of worship??????

Must have been hard not to look at that poor fellow. You could tell him he reminded you of someone you love....:laugh2:
Sorry about the bad language, I didn't know or really think about it....After all I was quoting Rimmer, hehehe.
Thanks for the welcome everyone! It's great to find a place to chat about my fave comedy. The last I read the movie is supposed to be out next summer (2002). It comes out around Star Wars II and a couple other biggies so they might change the dates. I hope it comes where I live cause I want to see it in the theatre not just on video. (I lost a spelling contest in 3rd grade for spelling theatre this way, I just knew it was right, but they wouldn't listen!:wink2: )
Well, it's bedtime here in the states! Night all!

Aing-Tii

THEY never listen which is why we are US......

;)

did you check all your mops mishy hunny? i heard they swaller em up.....:D

I still a sucker for the early episodes, the ones with Norman as Holly. Future echoes

Holly trying to navigate a ship 3 miles long at more than the speed of light

Mind you, he did have a thing about a certain 70s pop family

remember these lines

'There is a sensible explanation for everything, except maybe for little Jimmy Osmond'

and later in Polymorph (I think) talking about the creature - never mess with anything with more teeth than the entire Osmond family.

Loved Back to Reality tho - My name is Billy Doyle and my cologne is Eau de Yak urine. tee hee hee