4.22: Exodus

I actually thought PRODIGY worked really well without Daniel/Michael...
The writers knew that he wouldn't be in the episode that week and worked round it..Although that's not to say another episode without the character, would work so well.
Before anyone mention's the fact that he was only in DJ for the first 3 mins, yea I know that, and yea that was brilliant as well, but it seemed different somehow, don't ask me how just did.

From what I hear though, the young cadet will NOT be coming back into it. Shame, because she could really shine, deft a younger Sam..
O'Neills face was a picture, as he came to the same conclusion...

And will we ever know who was right..Maybe not.

RHG

Wow all of a sudden this is a prodidy thread.

i got on the train today and my stargate buddy, Anna, as there (stargate is shown on tuesdays here). so i asked her "wot did you think" without even mentioning the topic, her answer - "wot?, oh yeah she has some major attitude problems"
hahahahaha sorry you had to be there,her answer was just classic ;)

and for al those who are slow she was talking about prodigy.

Prodigy Thread

We have a current thread running for 'Prodigy', so let's slide this discussion over there, okay?

FINALLY got to see exodus last night...and it was worth the wait.

'did we park in the red zone'
that's a little...ambitious'
'it's a jaffa revenge thing'

sam's little bit of 'what the hell am i doing' as she dials up p3w451...jack calling shotgun...had me loling...don't scuff the walls...

and more fantastic lines. a good team eps with everyone getting their moment in the sun...pun intended

it pulled well upon past eps, the whole black hole thing along with most of season 4.

notmuch from a shippy pov...just a few looks here & there, nothing i can't live with.

all in all i'm eagerly awaiting june and finding out how they get outta it... any thoughts?

i'm thinking the asgard could show up, thor does owe em, or maybe the ancients or furlings kick them back home...gotta preserve the neighborhood after all.

then again they could always rig a power generator ala 5th race and gate home, thus losing the ship and keeping the status quo.

i see sam & maybe jacob working to get home while jack & danny boy find out t-man is alive and try to rescue him.

course i'm assuming there is a second gate on the ship. most hataks seem to have one and the one they lobbed into the sun was from vorash so they should have a spare one.

what if there's some aliens around like the, were they called archons in classic trek? the ones that were total pacifists. i could jsut see apophis & sg-1 headed for a show down but some ominiscient alien keeps them from killing each other. especially if, what if jack & danny go to rescue t-man, get caught of course, apophis is about to cream danny when the nice aliens won't let him...danny could be 'this' close to revenge but...gets sent back to the ship...give him & teal'c something in common and might preserve tanith & apophis to torment them a while longer...

yeah it was a great episode to end on, i loved the jack quote shotgun as well. i agree with you on how there going to back home, it's going to be either the ancients or the 5th race, i think i read somewhere that one of them would be in the new season. and i'm sure aphophis had teal'c healed via the sarcophagus, so he could torture him over and over again, untill the guys can rescue him...peachy

oh yeah, to me it's a given that a sarc is involved...how else can apophis be healing his face? though the little metal thinies make him look so nice & evil.

where was his harem by the way?

ooh...wonder if there was/is a tok'ra on his ship? there was before in serpents venom...he could come in handy

well, his harem was maybe in a different part of teh ship?....
maybe the tok'ra spy will show up later....

this was great epi....lots of team playing...great quotes... teal'c had LOTS to say...danny was a little left out, but i'm sure he'll get his due in the second half.. (when ,when!!)..

i was so glad they pulled so much from the other ep's into this one... its about time... i was really wondering what was gonna happen to cronus' ship.... i'm so glad they are doing more with it.. i was worried they were gonna leave it behind, for some obscure reason.. you just never see them getting much for their troubles.

what do ya'all think of the tok'ra fight against the go'a'ould versus the tau'ri fight?.. who's right?

Spoiler warning for Double Jeopardy!!!!! just to let you know

Great episode! I loved that Jack and Daniel had some lines together and put them back as friendlier with each other than they have been in a while. After watching Jack watch Daniel get killed last week, I was glad to see them shoulder to shoulder and not arguing, you know? It will be fun to watch Sam use her astrophysics to get them home, or at least ponder on how to get them home. I love her 'science-speak'! Poor Teal'c! When he wakes up he is not going to be happy! Once again in Apophis's grasp and to have to see that ugly Tanith smirking at him! I was glad that they pulled the elements from so many episodes together. It gave this episode a feeling of major culmination, I guess climax since this is the season closer. My only regret is that we now are going to be deprived of new episodes for a long while (it will feel longer than it actually will be!).

Season Ender

Oh yeah. A pretty well done piece that included the three words I HATE: "To Be Continued ..." :D

Skydiver, you've presented so interesting lines of thought for 'How To Get Out Of This One'[tm]. I like the Furling idea simply because we we've run into just about everyone else... it's their turn.

Jack's lines, Daniel's glances, Teal'c on a tear, Sam trying to get her Dad *not* to see her as a 'little girl' [Dad, you can talk we through it. {did anyone else hear the silent 'huff' in there? :} } ] and Jacob still not too sure where he ends and Selmack begins.

And Tanith, that little ... Finially, another weasel I can latch on to since they've given Harry Maybourne an 'attitude adjustment'.

All in all a good romp. The summer is just too far away.

MIssed someting...

Sorry. Missed posting my favorite line.

"Mayday! Mayday! We are *SO* going down!"

Jack every step of the way, even when he's crashing. :}

oh i forgot that one...do you have any idea how hard it is to watch this eps listening to it through headphones cause you don't want to wake the rest of the house and then having jack crack me up...almost but a gut a few times.

started a discussion over on the teal'c thread. what do you all think of his total obsession with tanith?
ya know if it wasn't for him and his little escapade they'd have been safe?
true the sun seemed to explode a few minutes early...sam was saying 'if my calcuations are correct...' then boom... but, well if t-man hadn't have followed tanith with his singlemindedness...sg-1 woulda got home.

isit possible his sudden obesssion with revenge will continue to endanger them all?

pop on over to the teal'c thread and see what everyone else thinks

and, was it just me or did the walking up the dune from the crash site bring back memories of c3p0 & r2d2 in star wars?

dunno...just know it's gonna be a long summer

I have this awful, awful feeling they're going to have to sacrifice Jack's 'sweet ride' (the hatak) to get themselves home in one piece.

It would be just their luck. . . to score such a coup (killing Cronus and stealing the ship) and ultimately having nothing to show for it. Insert big whine here.

Renee. . .

yes, i thought C3PO too!...

i was quite amazed taht they could come outta that w/o a scratch!...of course, that's the way it has to be... its just amazing, is all..

did anyone notice the way jack left teal'c when the jaffa started firing at them and teal'c got hit?.. i'm sorry, but the look on his face was cowardice... i know that he certainly couldnt stay in the open, but i was amazed that he could so easily leave his friend behind.. didnt even glance back... i was kinda disappointed...

yes people keep posting

i'll be able to add my opinion in three weeks

true jack left teal'c but...they were out in the open and under fire from a , at that time, unseen source...if jack had stayed by t-man not only would he have drawn their fire to the injured man, he would have most likely been hit himself...what he needed to do was get to cover and eliminate the threat....then he could go back for teal'c...also he had to know thanks to junior it most likely wasn't a fatal shot.

Re: MIssed someting...

Originally posted by Rowan
Sorry. Missed posting my favorite line.

"Mayday! Mayday! We are *SO* going down!"

Jack every step of the way, even when he's crashing. :}

When did he actually say that?

Jack says it when they are in the Death Glider chasing the ship going to pick up Tanith. They shoot it and it explodes and you see the glider going into the flames.
Hope it helps
Bye

Jack and Teal'c

There was nothing easy about Jack leaving Teal'c. That look on his face was shear desperation. 'If I stay, I go down. If I get under cover, I can protect him by shooting back, but I *DO NOT* want to leave him...'

A very hard call, but it was the only thing Jack could do. He knew that he was already targeted... the guy had just hit Teal'c. He decreased his target chances by moving, thereby , hopefully, keeping him alive to help Teal'c.

Just love those split-second tactical calls... not.

not that i have ever been in any way in a situation close to that...heck even around here when the natives get restless they're shooting at themselves not us...those split second decisions are the ones that gotta haunt you for a while...lots of what ifs...