Emotion Chip

This TV movie is unfamiliar to me. I don't remember hearing about it before. Something like this would be interesting to watch, just to see how the idea evolved on TNG.

little star :)

I have seen it on British TV, but quite a while ago. It is probably on video, gathering dust in the back of a shop somewhere. It is not that good, except as you say, to compare it with how Data turned out.
It was meant to be a series, but no one was interested. Gene Roddenberry must have had stacks of these series ideas because Majel Barrett Rodenberry seems to pull out a 'new' one every few months- Earth Final Conflict, Andromeda, there is another new one that I can't remember.

Back to the Emotion chip.

Has anyone noticed how the Emotion chip in the films is a big shiny deluxe one compared to the little thing Dr Noonian Soong produces in the TV series.

Ah Well! Same thing must have happened to it, that happened to the Klingons.

HEHE

A little inconsistency there, huh? Oh well, everything is always bigger and shinier in the movies!

The Klingons have really come a long way from how they were portrayed on TOS! They looked like a bunch of rowdies badly faking a tan.

In subsequent years, the ST writers did a good job developing the Klingons----improving the makeup, beefing up the cultural aspects of the race, etc. We got to see a lot of the rituals, etc through the character of Worf, especially. Always nice when a writer fleshes out a character! It makes it easier to understand the motivations for the actions.

little star :)

talking of worf, doesn't he look much better with his long hair...peachy

I loved the bit in the film were Data reeled off how many years, days,hours, mins, seconds etc... since he last had a romantic encounter...... he he he.. am i right in thinking it was with Tasha Ya in TNG...

that was a good episode, with data and tasha, i liked the look on his face when she asked him if he was fully functional...peachy

p.s welcome to the forum neo, hope your having fun

Thanks peachy... getting there... taking my time wandering around.. putting u post in all different places.. never been on a forum like this before...

How long you been n the forum as i see you have a lot more postings than me... See ya out there....

i've been here since december, but it is addictive being here (haha) i'm sure it wont take you long to catch up
...peachy

Addictive is the word... I am on for hours sometimes.. My laptop is over heating some days... Anyway i am well impressed with this forum and the amount of members it has... Keep up the good work..

one of the best things about this site, imho, is how nice everyone is...peachy

People in here so far hve been very nice to me.. but so far i have not said anything to offend or challenge anyone yet.. but give it time.. LOL

Do people ever meet up at conventions or pubs off the forum.... Were are we all from.... I am in the UK

I havent ever met anyone from here, but I dont see why not :D Pub would get my vote ,but I suspect some others may prefer a convention ;)

pub would get my vote too, but as i'm up here in scotland, the taxi home would be a bit on the steep side
(haha)...peachy

cheyenne mountain

i wouldn't have to worry about a taxi back from there
i'd just bunk in with daniel (hehe)...peachy

Well peachy iam in North West Uk.. go to Manchester a bit... I am in Glasgow in a few weeks as well.... So the Uk aint that big... LOL..

Well maybe see ya all out there