3.21: Crystal Skull

Originally posted by bec_sg1

'That's it Rothman, be skeptical...no, not that skeptical!'

I loved this one too!

Does anyone have the... ok how do ask for this?... the foreign translation thing to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? I couldn't find it anywhere on the net.

Chalk up another "must make sequel" for Season 8! Unless one of the 3 Season 7 episodes ends up being a sequel to this.

Also, isn't there Mayan/Aztec references in The Tomb? So, what...did the Goa'uld copy a Deity that was created by ANOTHER alien or something?

Originally posted by FeedMe TV:

Does anyone have the... ok how do ask for this?... the foreign translation thing to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? I couldn't find it anywhere on the net.
I've been wondering the same thing...if I ever find it, I'll post it somewhere, 'cause every time I watch this episode I try and pick up on it, but I never quite get it... :(

And I'm not sure about Mayan/Aztec references in The Tomb...there may have been...damn, I'll just have to re-watch the episode and check! :D

Bec

Over the weekend I was watching something on the History channel about mysteries. One of the mysteries was "the crystal skulls". (13 of them, actually). They mentioned "Belize" and that when people looked into the skull they felt "hypnotized". The pictures of the real skulls are the same pictures that Daniel is showing the team during the briefing at the beginning of the show. I thought that was really cool that they took something real like this and used it for a story. Not all 13 of the skulls have been found yet, but the legend says that when all 13 are put together "something will be revealed". Has anyone else heard about this?

Here is one of the sites that I found on this subject:

http://skepdic.com/crystalskull.html

Try "The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls" by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas. I think they also made the TV show, according to the stuff in the front of the booK!

My favorite scene was when Daniel's Grandfather conned his way on going off world. I thought like grandfather like grand son.

I always like the scene when Daniel finds out his Grandfather could see and hear him but thought he has a product of his mind which has done this before.

Then we got a good look into Gen. Hammond's character when he was talking to his grandchildren.

ZachWZ