trying to remember a book

dustinzgirl

Mod of Awesome
I readthis YA sci fi about 10-15 years ago.. It was about a future world where everyone lived in this dome and had these computer like things on thier back that told them everything. This boy discovered some nasty plot and escaped to the outside thinking he would die because it was supposed to be post apocolyptic outside of the city dome but it wasn't. Now I can't remember the whole plot or the whole story line, so Iguess I'm not very helpful. Any ideas?

Sounds vaguely like Arthur C. Clarke's The City And The Stars (though there is nothing matching a "computer like things on thier back" in it. No "nasty plot," either).

The City Of Gold And Lead, the second book in John Christopher's Tripods trilogy, also has the dome, the boy, the nasty plot, the escape, and so on, but the post-apocalyptic stuff isn't there.

The whole "people live in a dome; post-apocalypse outside" thing is pretty common in science fiction.

(In the case of Philip K. Dick's brilliant The Penultimate Truth, instead of domes, it was bunkers. Other plot points fit, though.)

Devil on my Back - by Monica Hughes.

I adored her SFF books when I was younger, but only have vague memories of them now. I bought a second-hand Devil on my Back recently :)

mistri said:
Devil on my Back - by Monica Hughes.

I adored her SFF books when I was younger, but only have vague memories of them now. I bought a second-hand Devil on my Back recently :)

Dude, you rock! Thats the book!

Thanks!!