Will Harry Die In Book 7??

jof said:
What if soemthing happened like it did at the end of Robin Hobbs Assasin trilogy? Harry would go into some form of exile or something? A self inflicted exile possible for something he did(killing a friend or something?)

I like that thought... you should go find JKR and get her to use that idea! if Harry doesn't die in the last book that should definitly happen! :D

I have a feeling that Harry will live, but that will be separated from the Magical World.

If we think logically, Harry was a baby and received powers from Voldemort instead of Death. So what if Harry was a Squib and the way that Lilys love protected him was to absorb Voldes magic so he had a way to Destroy/Defend against him?

This way, if Harry kills Volde, then Harrys powers will go too as he has no need for them. Harry will end up a Squib again, be detached from the magical world, and therefore be of no interest to carry on writing about.

Ive thought long and hard that she will not kill Harry, and how she could do it and not leave a continuation point.

I spose we could have "The Amazing Adventures of Dobby" but its never going to be the same as having Harry!

The books, yeah. The character... no.

He gets into situations by being nosy and rebellious. He gets out of them by luck, useful allies, and bad latin "stoppus badguyus" spells...

I enjoy reading the stories, but the main character makes me cringe, especially after the actor's image is stuck in my head. I have an urge to kick him in the solar plexus whenever i see that face.

Joel007 said:
The books, yeah. The character... no.

He gets into situations by being nosy and rebellious. He gets out of them by luck, useful allies, and bad latin "stoppus badguyus" spells...

I enjoy reading the stories, but the main character makes me cringe, especially after the actor's image is stuck in my head. I have an urge to kick him in the solar plexus whenever i see that face.

lol! Funniest thing I've read all week!!

However, very true, and I agree with you 101%

Is that Potter's Grave? No? Then Keep Digging, Watson.

John Irving and Stephen King have publicly weighed in on the rumor, oddly enough. Both have warned her against killing off Harry Potter by citing complications that arouse for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle when he gave the axe to Sherlock Holmes.

Rowling gave a rebut citing that both advising authors have killed off characters in their respective books, but, to be fair, both King and Irving write completely different types of fiction than her.

As far as whether or not it is a good idea to kill off Harry Potter, I think it makes sense if a case was furthered that she has really been building this fictional kid up to be the ultimate martyr. How many times did she beat over the heads of the readers that he was the chosen one....that he was the gifted one? Logically, the messiah must make the largest sacrifice in the end of an epic: a concept that science fiction and fantasy fans alike are quite familiar with.

To be honest (a phrase almost exclusively meant to forewarn the reader of a less-than-nice comment), I have never thought the series to be a good as the hype that has long surrounded it, and, by this point (which has been reached after past books have twisted the knife into the backs of other characters), I am not entirely convinced that the death of Potter wouldn't be an exercise in a final plot twist in a long line of shockers meant to keep the fans reading or from moving onto literature with more than one dimension. Potter's death would be a finale that would talked about months and months after the fact.

I have read that she may wish to kill him off in attempt to head off any possibility of another author continuing the tale after her death. It may be a lost cause. If Sherlock Homes can be brought back to life, any literary character is fair game.

Last edited:
Re: Is that Potter's Grave? No? Then Keep Digging, Watson.

McMurphy said:
John Irving and Stephen King have publicly weighed in on the rumor, oddly enough. Both have warned her against killing off Harry Potter by citing complications that arouse for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle when he gave the axe to Sherlock Holmes.

Rowling gave a rebut citing that both advising authors have killed off characters in their respective books, but, to be fair, both King and Irving write completely different types of fiction than her.

As far as whether or not it is a good idea to kill off Harry Potter, I think it makes sense if a case was furthered that she has really been building this fictional kid up to be the ultimate martyr. How many times did she beat over the heads of the readers that he was the chosen one....that he was the gifted one? Logically, the messiah must make the largest sacrifice in the end of an epic: a concept that science fiction and fantasy fans alike are quite familiar with.

To be honest (a phrase almost exclusively meant to forewarn the reader of a less-than-nice comment), I have never thought the series to be a good as the hype that has long surrounded it, and, by this point (which has been reached after past books have twisted the knife into the backs of other characters), I am not entirely convinced that the death of Potter wouldn't be an exercise in a final plot twist in a long line of shockers meant to keep the fans reading or from moving onto literature with more than one dimension. Potter's death would be a finale that would talked about months and months after the fact.

I have read that she may wish to kill him off in attempt to head off any possibility of another author continuing the tale after her death. It may be a lost cause. If Sherlock Homes can be brought back to life, any literary character is fair game.

Oh Goody! Someone sane! Thank you for this enlightenment for those still in the dark. I've been trying to get this across but not as eloquently as you have, and for that, I thank you.

she keeps saying tow characters are going to die, so it will be snape killed by harry and Voldemort killed by neville.

either that or she is going to finaly have Ron and Hermione get together and then have them killed while on a romantic picnic.

edott said:
she keeps saying tow characters are going to die, so it will be snape killed by harry and Voldemort killed by neville.

either that or she is going to finaly have Ron and Hermione get together and then have them killed while on a romantic picnic.

I think Snape will get the reprieve, and Ron and probably one of the twins will die. Harry and Voldemort are a given. One or both will die at the end of book 7, so the two that were killed off and weren't supposed to are not Harry and Voldemort. Someone else. A main character. Ron or Hermione or both is also a good guess.

orionsixwings said:
I think Snape will get the reprieve, and Ron and probably one of the twins will die. Harry and Voldemort are a given. One or both will die at the end of book 7, so the two that were killed off and weren't supposed to are not Harry and Voldemort. Someone else. A main character. Ron or Hermione or both is also a good guess.

One of the twins? I don't understand where you get that from, it just seems rather random to me.

Or, maybe in a weird twist JKR will kill off Harry and Neville, niether killing Voldemort first, and then he'll become the new Minister of Magic... yeah...

Haha now that would be an interesting plot twist! Voldemort lives and destroys the world. The End.

If Harry dies it will be a very moving scene. Particularly if she carries out a funeral with the wizarding world paying their respects and all the surviving characters there.

just kill the lad off already....the series is getting so very stupid......only the 1st 3 are worth reading. Like the 5th book its the worse one yet and the 4th book is so totally....wrong. Harry should had died 3 books earlier, save me the trouble from the lame plot.

Yes, I speculate he shall.

I think Neville is the owner of the prophecy. The prophecy was made 11 or so years before the events of the first book, and when Syball made the predictions, the stars were in alignment. Harry was supposed to die in the Forbidden Forest, but Firenze intervened, even though it was out of nature for centaurs to ever interfere with the planets and stars. Bane himself explained that Firenze shouldn't have intervened with destiny, implying that Harry was supposed to die then and there. The only reason Voldemort chose Harry as his foe was because Harry had survived and possesed some unknown powers that were dangerous to him; if he had died, as he should have, Neville would have been the only survivor. But since Firenze intervened in destiny, Dumbledore might have misinterpretted the meaning of the prophecy.

I think Harry is a horcrux, and he will die, enabling Neville to finish of Voldemort in an awe-striking climax. Then the wizards will have a heart-wrenching funeral and eulogy to fit the falling action of the series, and wizard-kind will be free of terror thanks to Harry's sacifice, providing the resolution of the series, with Neville, Hagrid, the Weasleys, Hermione, Luna, and the rest of the students and teachers will honor his name as the "boy who lived, and, the boy who died" and passing stories about him to their children and grandchildren as he lives in their memories.