Greg Bear??

Spiritdragon

Tiamat's Servant
Does anyone else love Greg Bear's Books??

Infinity Concerto + Serpent Mage = SONGS OF EARTH AND POWER a brilliant omnibus book....

He also writes superb Sci-Fi

Eon
The Forge of God
Eternity

to name but a few...

James

The Forge of God was really good. Also a section of the city I live in makes a cameo appearance near the end of the book.:p

I believe he also wrote Blood Music, which I liked very much.

Seems like I've read something else he wrote, but the title is completely escaping me at the moment.

I've read all the abouve mentioned but my fave is Psyclonewich is more of a supernatural/horror sci fi - actully the only book I felt scared reading

Blood Music was by far his best book (even if it was 'a tribute' to Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End), but Eon was pretty good as well (even if it was 'a tribute' to Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama). The Forge of God was okay and Moving Mars was really dull though.

I've got Darwin's Radio, but haven't got round to reading it yet. I've heard that Bear's very much a "hard" SF author.

I like his books very much. I've read Anvil of Stars, Blood Music, Slant, The Forge of God, The Infinity Concerto, and The Serpent Mage. His sci-fi is hard core and his fantasy i've read dealt with Faerie, one of my favorite topics.

Brys said:
I've heard that Bear's very much a "hard" SF author.

espesially in Darwins Radio and Darwins Children. you virtually have to become a biologist to understand the major plot points

Thunderchild said:
espesially in Darwins Radio and Darwins Children. you virtually have to become a biologist to understand the major plot points
I wouldn't go that far, but there are passages where it's pretty hard slogging. He reminds me there of George O. Smith, where a knowledge of physics (especially the hardware as well as the theoretical side of electronics) certainly were an aid to it; but, again, not necessary. And I speak as someone who most emphatically does not have that background.

I have read several of his SF works and I consider them “Hard” SF. My first was Moving Mars. I recall liking it at the time, but I don’t remember much about it at this point. I enjoyed The Forge of God quite a bit, but I was a bit disappointed in the sequel, Anvil of Stars. I had mixed thoughts about Queen of Angels. I enjoyed parts of it a lot, but I thought significant stretches were difficult reading. So far, may favorite is Heart of the Comet, which he co-authored with David Brin. I have several others on my standby shelf, including Blood Music and Darwin’s Radio.

Razorback said:
So far, may favorite is Heart of the Comet, which he co-authored with David Brin.

Close. It was Gregory Benford :)

Benford, Brin and Bear were known as the Killer Bs for a while and collaborated on one project, namely the Second Foundation Trilogy set in Asimov's universe.

Brin is a reasonably hard SF author, but his Star Wars novel Rogue Planet is among his more approachable books.

Oops! You're right; it was Benford. I do tend to blur the Killer Bs sometimes.