Nightside vs Deathstalker

sonofstan

A question for any simon r green fans out there. Which is the better series- the Deathstalker books or the Nightside books. I love them all and have read a few othe books like Drinking midnight wine and Shadows fall but i can't choose a favourite between the first 2. Any ideas?

I've read the first three of the Deathstalker and all the Nightside. I LOVE the Nightside! Clever and humorous, original characters and i like his effortless writing. On the down side, i think his Nightside book are getting more serious as the series progresses, thus losing some of the very qualities that make them so great. I wish he'd go back to solving mysteries. Mind you, now, the Deathstalker books are great, but i find the Nightside better. Drinking Midnight Wine (which i really liked) feels like a warm up for the Nightside.

I think you might be right about the nightside books getting too serious.The whole plot involving taylors mother is not(i think) as enertaining as the charachters and sub plots. If you get the chance you should give Shadows fall a read. I think you might like it.

i say they both kinda sucked.......but if i had too pick one i would pick nightside

I really enjoy the Nightside books. I've read the Deathstalker novels but Nightside just struck more of a chord with me. I'm sure I read on some other website that there was rumour of a TV show based on the Nightside books. I think I would like to see what they can do with this as it has a lot of potential

Mrs Hamgee enjoys Hawk and Fisher.

I haven't read the Deathstalker books yet but I'm really enjoying Nightside.

I liked Drinking Midnight Wine but thought it dragged for the first half. I'm not particularly interested in reading anything else about the characters, except for Leo Morn and the Brother under the Mountain. I'd like to know more about them. Leo Morn made a brief cameo appearance in Nightside book 2 so let's hope he pops up again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dnewhous Book Search 11
WaylanderToo General Film Discussion 3
N Horror 0