What is the hardest game you ever played?

Metroid I on the nes :(
Just couldn't get past kraid...

wait a minute...
I have a feeling that i want to play it again : just because you cant complete it doesn't mean it isn't fun!!!

the hardest game i have played is probally icewind dale 2 on hearth of fury mode with level 3 characters. i got 2 chapter 4 and wished id never bothered, and i didnt use cheats at all.

hardest game i have ever played is called "Wannabe UFC" (original rules, not the new ones). get busted up

Cambece

I've never defeated the original Zelda-always got to Gannon and couldn't beat him. It's been at least ten years since I last played it so maybe I should try again. Also have never beaten Mike Tyson in Punch-Out and have never finished Super Mario Brothers 3.

compared to the game i am about to mention, ninja gaiden for the NES will seem like a total joke. :)

in fact, nothing will ever compare in terms of difficulty (and oh god, the confusion!)

there is a PC version as well, but it could be different (it certainly looks way different, graphically.) i am only referring to the NES version!

the game is:

Might and Magic, Book One: Secret of the Inner Sanctum

:cool:

Red Phoenix said:
Metroid I on the nes :(
Just couldn't get past kraid...

wait a minute...
I have a feeling that i want to play it again : just because you cant complete it doesn't mean it isn't fun!!!
Kraid is a puss, just blow your missile stash on him, then bomb him until he dies. Freezing the crap he shoots can help, also. As long as you can out-tank him, you'll win. Do him after Ridley.

YOSSARIAN said:
I've never defeated the original Zelda-always got to Gannon and couldn't beat him. It's been at least ten years since I last played it so maybe I should try again. Also have never beaten Mike Tyson in Punch-Out and have never finished Super Mario Brothers 3.
With Ganon, just go buckwild with your sword and hope you hit him. Follow up with a silver arrow, if I remember correctly. It's cake. For a real challenge, try Ganon without ever upgrading your sword or armor. :D

SMB3 is easy also, just gotta be persistant. You know, reading this actually makes me want to replay it...

I'm with you on Punch-out, though. I can get to Mike without much problem, but I have yet to beat him. Ugh. :(

Here's another hard one--Legacy of the Wizard. After the first two bosses are dead, the game goes from "somewhat challenging" to "dear god, you must be joking!" Oddly, the last boss is probably the easiest--I only know this because I used a cheat code to skip to him. The 4th boss remains undefeated. ;(

I never did finish tamiki fighter. Although Monkey Island 4 i gave up because of the stupid "walk up to everything to see it" control.

UMM...hardest game I ever played?

Let me see, AH I know "life" and I'm still playing it.

Sorry couldn't resist..

*GOLLUM scuttles quickly away to avoid raging hordes of fanboys*

Joel007 said:
Although Monkey Island 4 i gave up because of the stupid "walk up to everything to see it" control.

This made me giggle. :D Have you played any other adventure games? I've never played an RPG but those involve pretty extensive exploration, don't they? Looking at everything and playing through the story is the hallmark of adventure games (and why I like them :) ). Of course if the character is slow as molasses and there is extensive backtracking to progress, it can get annoying.

I was stuck on a thief level, but I quickly learned that if you run fast enough and hit anything in your way with a sword, you'll probably get through.

There is only three games I've never completed, and they are Morrowind, Theif, and Beyond Good and Evil. Theif because I got too scared. Morrowind because I didn't want to end it. And Beyond Good and Evil because the end boss is so hard.