What is the hardest game you ever played?

Void Dragon

Science fiction fantasy
To me, it's Soldiers: Heroes of WW2

Just because there's way too much micro-managing involved...

think of baldurs gate, without pause-button, with much more characters to play with on an RTS-map

the good thing is the fact that everything on the map can be destroyed

I never succeeded in beating the demo, and only some maps in the full game :confused:

To be honest Homeworld 2 has some really hard missions, I just could never get the right balance of aggresive ships and marine transports that could capture enmy cruisers and turn the balance.

One mission rather unfairly threw you against a dozen battlecruisers all at once ..... I only has three, madness!

I'm utterly hopeless at video gaming—having accumulated 3.5 hours of gaming time in my entire life—but last weekend I got dragged into playing some kind of car racing game. When it's all over, you get to see a "replay" of your race, and mine looked like a drunk-driving commercial.

I would have to say ALL games are the hardest games I've ever played.

LOL, this is easy for me. Ninja Gaiden Black. This game was hard. I beat it on normal and made it to level 3 on hard, which is around when is stopped playing. I shudder to think what it was like on very hard and master ninja difficulty. This is the only game that's ever actually made me throw my controller down in frustration, but it was fun!

Super Ghouls & Ghosts. I may own it, but I've never beat it. I highly doubt I ever will, either. I've made it pretty far in the second playthrough (where you get the goddess bracelet) but there gets to be a point where it's just...freaking insane.

I'm surprised I haven't had to pull the cartridge out of my wall yet. ;)

Missile something or other for PSone. I could not get past level 5 - too many things to shoot before being shot.

A game called Vortex for the SNES, couldn't get past the second level

Paige Turner said:
I'm utterly hopeless at video gaming—having accumulated 3.5 hours of gaming time in my entire life—but last weekend I got dragged into playing some kind of car racing game. When it's all over, you get to see a "replay" of your race, and mine looked like a drunk-driving commercial.

I would have to say ALL games are the hardest games I've ever played.

Since racing games are way easier than driving a real car, I'm actually praying you never come visit this side of the ocean :D

I think the hardest game I have ever played is something along the line of Resident Evil when I was a teenager.
Just the anticipation of meeting the zombies, them feasting on me and the eerie music got me on edge...

I think I have just about concoured this fear now.
:D

Midnight club 2 - by the end of the game you not only had to race the perfect race to go to the next lvl but had to rely on luch that the other racerd didn't.

I can't remember the name of the game but it was for the zx spectrum and I couldn't get past the first level. Most games with large levels and no checkpoints I find highly fustrating and when you know your close to the end and get killed I feel like throwing the controller against the wall in fustration

I used to get that way with X-Wing for the PC. 20 minute missions protecting some pansy-arsed shuttle, and then it gets blown up a millisecond before it goes into hyperspace (WHY CAN'T IT JUST GO INTO HYPERSPACE STRAIGHT AWAY FFS?).

Broke my mate's joystick once :)

its the same when I'm playing pro evo with my mate he used to always beat me but eventually I started to win some but sometimes I'd be 2 up with about 10 minutes to go and he'd pull it back and win at the very end it would drive me spare

Schizm (aka Mysterious Journey). The puzzles were very tough, but the environments made up for it.

sanityassassin said:
its the same when I'm playing pro evo with my mate he used to always beat me but eventually I started to win some but sometimes I'd be 2 up with about 10 minutes to go and he'd pull it back and win at the very end it would drive me spare

Do you play PES5 on the PC? Me and Lacedaemonian are in an online league. Was wondering if there were any other PESsters on here :)

Green said:
I used to get that way with X-Wing for the PC. 20 minute missions protecting some pansy-arsed shuttle, and then it gets blown up a millisecond before it goes into hyperspace (WHY CAN'T IT JUST GO INTO HYPERSPACE STRAIGHT AWAY FFS?).

Broke my mate's joystick once :)

Oh man, I had alot of fun and alot of stress playing that game.

Anybody play Bust A Move? Where the characters from Bubble Bobble are shooting different color balls at similar colored balls to make them dissappear. Well there are 100 levels, you have 7 continues and on the last level and only the last level does the object of the level change, and after the 7th continue naturally you go back to 1.

Not to mention Thief: The Dark Project, on levels like "Return to the Cathedral". Add 'freakishly scary'.