What would your Dæmon be like?

orionsixwings

Demosthenes
As there has been a request about this, so I am posting.

I love the idea of having a Dæmon. For one thing, I would not be so lonely all the time having someone beside you all the time who is your ally, your friend, someone who is actually "you" but is another being.

My Dæmon, once settled, would be a BENGAL TIGER.

Right now it's shifting --- as of this moment, it's a hummingbird.

What's yours?

Hate to rain on anyone's parade (love that expression!) but you can't choose your daemon. It simply reflects your innermost essence and character. I don't know you orionsixwings, but I think that to have a Bengal tiger as your daemon would make you a combination of Alexander the Great, Gengis Khan and Einstein. (Lord Asrael, the prodigious amoral leader of HDM, only has a snow leopard!).

I also think there's a size limit... Bengal might be too big. Though it appears that sailors tend to have dolphins as daemons... interesting point of speculation, what's the largest they could be?

Thinking about me, I think I might have some sort of domestic cat as my daemon, though sometimes I think a porcupine. A friend of mine suggested an Eagle Owl, but I think they just wanted me to buy them a drink...

no that thread is an entirely different topic. I started that topic too and it was a discussion of which would have been better - - to have a daemon or a soul -- which meant an animated version of your soul who you can actually interact with or something hidden though it interacts with you in a much different way.

This thread is describing what you think your daemon would be if you had one.

I see that you said yours, Orionsixwings is currently a hummingbird. How was that determined? Is there a website that helps someone determine it?

Oh - if ONLY someone could put together a really good survey-questionnaire parser-thingy that could 'accurately' predict your daemon! I'd contribute to the coder's fund... ;-)

Would be very hard to get right; you'd have to weigh up the various characteristics of animals and see how they fitted personality types... then find some suitably provocative questions.

Perhaps if it was adapted from a Myers-Briggs personality test, it would be quicker to do. I know that there I'm an INTJ - Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging. Which, for all I know, is a porcupine...

Alia said:
I see that you said yours, Orionsixwings is currently a hummingbird. How was that determined? Is there a website that helps someone determine it?

Yeah, there is actually. It's a daemon generator of some sort. They ask you questions and if you answer truthfully enough, you get a realistic daemon.

Green Knight said:
Hate to rain on anyone's parade (love that expression!) but you can't choose your daemon. It simply reflects your innermost essence and character. I don't know you orionsixwings, but I think that to have a Bengal tiger as your daemon would make you a combination of Alexander the Great, Gengis Khan and Einstein. (Lord Asrael, the prodigious amoral leader of HDM, only has a snow leopard!).

I know, and that is really sad. I would love to choose my daemon. Come to think of it, a bengal tiger is very ambitious. I love tigers --- not as pets, just as they are --- free and wild and huge! They are so imperial. Yeah, maybe that is why the generator gave me a hummingbird instead. I talk a lot, but I'm quite small.

The practicalities of having some daemons are quite amusing, if you think about it.

We know that people who have dolphins as daemons are invariably seafarers, since they cannot stray far from the sea or their daemon link is broken. But what if, like Asrael, you have a large-ish creature as a daemon? Does that mean he can't go into a small lift/elevator, since his daemon couldnt' fit in as well? Would that imply that people with large daemons are *claustrophobic*? Interesting thought... (Aside: Lord Asrael being who he is, he can probably do that witch-trick of separating from his daemon anyway).

I'm trying to think of other possible awkward daemon side-effects. I notice that no-one seems to have FISH daemons...

I am terrified of the ocean, and anything inside it is worthy of awe I know, but I'd rather see it in National geographic.

I am claustrophobic.

I am terrified of the ocean, and anything inside it is worthy of awe I know, but I'd rather see it in National geographic.

I am claustrophobic.

Interesting! Well, if we work from that alone, it would suggest your daemon would prefer to remain inland, in a wide open space. Could be a bird, but not a sea-crossing one. (Perhaps not a tiger after all as they love water... though admittedly I've never seen one in the ocean outside of Life of Pi). Also an inquisitive creature, that likes to admire things while hovering aloof...

Your humming-bird idea sounds pretty close at the moment, then.

orionsixwings said:
Yeah, there is actually. It's a daemon generator of some sort. They ask you questions and if you answer truthfully enough, you get a realistic daemon.
Hate to be a nag... but can you list the link here on this thread so we can have it to take the test, please. :)

I took the test and this is my result...

1045290350_ldimageGBG.JPG

Your HARE DAEMON represents your passive, kindhearted, and honorable nature. Though you are occasionally shy with new people, friends admire your unshakable tranquility, even in the face of chaos.

2913 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 8762 times.
33% of people had this result.

xx

EDIT: It's not fair, my partner got a Wolf! I want a Wolf!!! Didn't matter how I answered (all the while staying truthful), I always came out a Hare!

xx

Last edited:
I took the test again, answered differently, and got the daemon I want:

1045290181_ldimageEQA.JPG

Your TIGER DAEMON shows an unmistakable aura of pride, resilience, and aggression. Your balance of impatience and inspiration make you a creative leader, although you are prone to dangerous extremes.

664 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 8766 times.
8% of people had this result.

I got an eagle. Funny, if I were going to get a predator I'd have expected an owl; an eagle's a bit flasy for me.;)

It would appear that I have a hare:

Your HARE DAEMON represents your passive, kindhearted, and honorable nature. Though you are occasionally shy with new people, friends admire your unshakable tranquility, even in the face of chaos.

Somewhat of a surprise but I can see it too. I am certainly always haring/tearing about. And show the occasional signs of madness. Also I am a big fan of Kit Williams and Masquerade (for anyone who knows what that is...)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Young Adult Fiction 21