Serial Killer modifying electrical grid to kill

Manoa-Fisher

I remember reading a paperback novel in the late 1970s or early 1980s about a killer being tracked by the police. The technique used by the killer keeps evolving as the killer develops a method to use the electrical grid to kill his victims. He starts out using simple electrical circuits in a house and moves up to using the electrical grid to try to kill everyone in a city. I think there was some religious aspects to the story as the killer may have thought to be the antichrist.

Are you certain is was that long ago that you read it?
As soon as I saw your description I thought of this one but it's only from 8 years ago

Thank you for your response. Yes, the time period that I read the book was at least 25 years ago. I looked at the description of your book and it is quite different from the one that I am thinking about. Again, thank you.

I know the book you mean, but for the life of me I can't think of the full title. It started with only a part of a small town being affected, the killer used i think a radio tower. The "rays" destroyed the immune system, so people died of thinks like a small cut etc. The hero was someone who lost family? In the first attack.

It had a blue shaded figure of death in a mist on the UK cover, and also I think the title had the word Messiah in it? It was good, mid to late 1980's I think, certainly pre, internet, mobile phones, or in the very early days.

I know the book you mean, but for the life of me I can't think of the full title. It started with only a part of a small town being affected, the killer used i think a radio tower. The "rays" destroyed the immune system, so people died of thinks like a small cut etc. The hero was someone who lost family? In the first attack.

It had a blue shaded figure of death in a mist on the UK cover, and also I think the title had the word Messiah in it? It was good, mid to late 1980's I think, certainly pre, internet, mobile phones, or in the very early days.
Thank you for your response. That is the book I was thinking about. I found it on Amazon. It is called "The Deadly Messiah". The immune systems of those affected were essentially destroyed by the "rays" of the device.

Glad you found it. This has been bugging me all weekend lol. Sorry for the typos in my reply. I was using my phone, and have fat fingers. :eek: