Faerie Serial Killers in the New Forest

Tirellan

I have a new contemporary fantasy novel out set in Southampton and the New Forest.

For centuries countrywomen in England have kept a secret; if you go to the right part of the woods and sing the right song, an Otherkin man will appear and be your lover. Charlie Somes, 24, postgraduate chemistry student at Southampton University, is the product of such a liaison and is touch telepathic; a gift which blights his life as he cannot control it.
When Charlie discovers his gift works on the recently dead he is forced to use it to avoid a murder charge and then when the bodies of women who have taken faerie lovers start turning up, Charlie is the only person who can stop the serial killers.

Oooh, which bit of the Forest? I hope Burley features with memories of its witches and the dragon that lived there!

Upper Shirley is pretty magical. And that Chinese takeaway on Portswood Road. The flower roads are quite special too. I've seen things in Daisy Dip you wouldn't believe.

Last edited:
Very eastern edge of the New Forest and Waterside area, Langley and Blackfield and a bit in Totton and Netley Marsh.
Portswood features as the central character is a post-grad at Southampton University.

See if you can work the Netley View estate in, the Waterside's answer to Mos Eisley spaceport. ("A more wretched hive..."):)
To be fair, Soton is not short of districts that fit that description.

I downloaded Exile and Nandor once I finished this, currently on hold till after I've read Distaff but if they are half as good I know I'm in for a treat.
Great, please tell the world if you enjoy them. Amazon reviews particularly welcome