Star Wars: Rebels

Are you all watching it on tv when it airs or something?

Or something. New episodes air every Wednesday on Disney channel. If don't have access to that something, but you have an access to cable channels, and therefore, Disney, you will be golden. If both fails, DVD will come out next summer/autumn at latest.

Or something. New episodes air every Wednesday on Disney channel. If don't have access to that something, but you have an access to cable channels, and therefore, Disney, you will be golden. If both fails, DVD will come out next summer/autumn at latest.
Ah okay. Thanks for the reply ! Hopefully I'll be able to join the conversation eventually.

The producers continue deepening the characters, not just focusing on Ezra's quest on becoming a Jedi. This time it's Zeb's story, especially as a mythical figure that finds a new for his people. Thing is, after viewing the episode, it wasn't as well executed as I could had been. The writers utilised known tropes to travel through the story, and when it came to the climax - finding the planet for his people - the whole story pancaked.

I just cannot believe that the mythical planet "in the uncharted territories at outer rim" was Lasats original home world. At that point using a mythical prophesy wasn't as good as it could have been. Instead of saying "there's already my people down there," I would have accepted Lasat grandmother to putting eggs on the ground to breed a new race more than using "homeworld angle."

But, the way they got into this, by Ezra communicating with Honzo was just about right. It took the story to whole another territory, and I loved seeing the legendary pirate pulling agent Kallus into a trade was right. He saved the day, not just once, but three times and closing the blast doors to give an escape route for Ezra's crew was not only saving the rebels but also foolish storm-troopers.

Seriously, you don't start blasting targets in a straight corridor, when there's your fellow troopers on other side. With their infamous ability of not being able to hit a thing, the chances were that they could had hit their own people at the other end. Nevertheless, this is kids show, so maybe that sort of thing can be looked through the fingers. Just you have to accept that a collapsed star cluster can pull your vessel out from hyperspace.

Any way, I'm glad that producers continue deepening the backstory and moving Rebels into mythical territory rather than keeping them constantly locked in a battle with the Empire. There aren't many episodes left in this season, so they need to take this to totally another territory before they wrap up the season.

In space no one can hear you scream, but that doesn't apply, if you're force-sensitive and surrounded by space-whales. :lol: :notworthy: :LOL: :love: DO NOT TURN ON YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU WATCH THIS EPISODE (as it contains maximum cheese) and that's ...

z5Z9rFT.jpg

Thanks all for the fish.

Last edited:
I don't have much to say about last week episode, other than that is quite obvious Rebels have a small fleet and they cannot get on with the business without a carrier. Also A-wing is still a piece of sh*t.

However,
for a Mandalorian Agent Kallus is one whiny *******. It is almost like the power has gone in his head and made him soft. Or then maybe he is too cold to embrace his humanity. Nobody recognizes him. Nobody really salutes to him. It's all business and a very few memories that fits in his life.

You could as well claim Emperor designed it that way. And since we are in the the subject of Emperor, I think he let Sith lose on Genoside after he executed Order 66. Whole business at the end of the Clone Wars is still muddled with a lot of things, and especially since Emperor came in power, I can easily imagine how he let the dark side run wild for a while.

Being Dath Sideous he was so long undercover, and executing everything through his agents. But yet, he's more powerful than Anakin, and that power is bloody scary. Taken the Expanded Universe out from the canon, all we can go is so little. Yet, I'm sure we are going to be in awe as this season draws to close. Last episode is slotted at the end of the March.

So, in that regards, people without Disney Channel, DVD/BR should be available by summer.

I actually really liked this last episode...

I always love stories that show chinks in a villain's mental armor, and Kallus up to this point has been almost too textbook bad guy, so nice to see some wavering doubts there. I especially like the final image of him alone within the cause he chose to embrace.

!!!!

First of all, Grand Inquisitor used to be a Jedi Knight! Secondly, Ashoka...

Oh man, I'm so wired at the moment. I cannot believe Ashoka is playing such crucial role in Ezra's development. And in regards of that one, Ezra is becoming fast the most powerful Beast Master in the outer rim, if not in whole galaxy. But the Jedi temple see his doings as a way to get into the darkside. Whole force is balancing against him.

It is almost as if the mystical Force knows that Ezra cannot be pure by continuing his training under Kanan. Somehow its even making Ashoka's life hell, while we can assume that she doesn't even have a temple at the moment. Yet, the force accepted her at the end, whilst it rebelled Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother deviously.

If you look closely, light sabre's temple guardians are using mix well with latest incarnation of Old Republic. I cannot recall seeing yellow sabre's anywhere else. But what was surprising was that when Kanan took the second sabre, it's colour was red. The colour of Sith. So by going down that route, I can assume Kanan is going to be tempted by the dark side in his continuing role as Ezra's guardian.

To be honest, it looks more like we're going to start see different shades to the pureness of Force powers. Not only that, but the series is propelling fast towards Malachor V

latest

Is it just me or did Ezra totally out-Force Kanan in the opening sequence? Those were some serious skills he was showing!

I have no idea about limit of his power, but as traditional Jedi, animalism isn't something you venture towards. Yet, you see Kenobi doing the same thing, just not in same scale as Ezra. And he never takes over mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Ezra can tame a rancor or whole herd.

two inquisitors

I think Vader was quite pleased about their progress against rebel jedi's.
Losing a temple was especially hard blow. There isn't many left, but special interest should be paid towards a Sith temple in Malachor V

yvirvpsjdqs6ss7rcbpd.jpg

MAUL!!!!! He's coming back in this season!

I'm sorry I haven't been updating, there has been a pause in the season and I've been pretty occupied with other things.

Filoni said:

We’ve taken all season long to educate viewers that maybe haven’t seen Ahsoka before about what her relationship to Vader is. But then we had this other thing where we all liked Maul… Maul could be a fantastic foil for Ezra, a counterpointed dark-side mentor. He’s not necessarily the dark-side Emperor Sith...

He’s this person who has been on the dark-side, that has been thrown out repeatedly from the Emperor’s hierarchy but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a lot of the same tendencies as the Emperor and have the same desire for power. It became a really interesting story to tell, and a challenge, because at face value, Maul isn’t a guy you look at and go, ‘I trust you, devil-looking guy with horns on your head.’ So we had to paint an interesting picture here to get this kid to perhaps believe in him.

2Xfyxnq.jpg

"To defeat enemy, you have to know your enemy." - Ashoka and Maul

All the speculation about KOTOR being part of the canon now can be said to be true, as the final two episodes culminate in Malachor, especially in the Sith Temple. Kanan said: "Malachor has always been a forbidden for the Jedi."

That, always part is a lie, because those the don't know the history of Old Republic, doesn't know that there used to be three factions that were all force users. These were Jedi, Sith, and Grey, in which Grey used to a neural faction. They even were able to take powers from available to Sith and Jedi, while they developed their own Force ideas.

I haven't personally studied canon so much that I could say there used to be this sort of thing, but when you see Ezra picking up certain lightsaber, you immediately recognize the shape and connect it to Kylo Ren's own design.

In those years Luke became a Jedi Master, especially going into hiding, Kylo Ren possibly visited Malachor V's jedi temple. He might have prowled to same grounds to find force artefacts, and pieces of Mandalorian armour. If you look at his helmet, you see it being advanced from Mandalorin standards that you can see for example in Sabina's (and Boba Fett's) helmet.

a8mpghcswcxue4twjmwl.jpg

What I'm trying to say is that there are so much history in Malachor V, and especially in the Sith Temple that a viewer can be drawing certain conclusion on the whole history of movies. But what they might know about the Inquisitors is that they were a true Sith project to create guardian units.

Darth Vader used them as shock troops under Emperor's command. And Darth Sidious has legends written on those walls. So it's a no surprise to find that the Emperor dumped Maul into the temple. Only this time Maul is the Master and Ezra his apprentice.

But I don't for one second believe that Maul isn't plotting against the Emperor and his Inquisitors, where I believe Vader being the Inquisitor. However, what also is interesting is that Maul has adopted Ashokas's ideas about being against the ultimate faction, and thus he's rebelling against Sith in the home territory.

So, one could easily believe that Maul present darker shades of Grey Order and Ashoka lighter side. And that makes Ezra's training especially interesting because he has shown tendencies to both sides of Force. He could actually become under Mauls' and Ashoka's guidance first true Grey in a very long time. Only now that task lies on Kanan's shoulders.

But does that mean we are going to see Ezra and Kanan in the movies? My answer is maybe.

The season premiere for Star Wars Rebels will once again debut at a Star Wars Celebration, for the second year in a row. This time, the first two episodes of season three will debut at Celebration Europe in London this coming July.

Showrunner Dave Filoni will bring the episodes to the convention for a screening, and bring special guests to "share highly guarded sneak peeks at what's to come in Star Wars Rebels season three," the official announcement reads. The much-anticipated third season will follow the galaxy-shattering events of the season two finale. In that hour-long episode, Darth Vader caught up to the Rebels crew, including Ahsoka Tano, his former apprentice, and revealed his true (or rather, former) identity to her. We also saw Darth Maul blind Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger tempted to the dark side of the Force, and the major fight between Ahsoka and Vader that left young Tano's fate once again up in the air.

While season three isn't likely to pick up on Ahsoka's story right away, we will probably get some clue as to how Kanan is adjusting to blindness, and how Ezra's ability to, at the very least, think like a Sith and commune with the dark side is affecting the mission of the crew.

Star Wars Rebels season two debuted with a one-hour premiere event at Star Wars Celebration 2015 in Anaheim. The convention looks to keep up a yearly schedule now under the watchful eyes of Disney and ReedPOP with Star Wars Celebration 2017 already announced (and tickets already on sale) for Orlando, Florida. Other confirmed events for Celebration Europe include a Rogue One panel with director Gareth Edwards, president Kathleen Kennedy, and stars of the film, plus appearances by Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.
Dave Filoni and Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Premiere Announced for Star Wars Celebration

I'll try to get tickets if they're available and Mrs is out from hospital.