Star Wars: Rebels

I sort of meandered through the first few episodes of this series but, thanks to Sky making all the episodes available On Demand over Christmas, I finally finished the first season and thought things really improved in the latter stages, which has continued into season 2 (currently I'm up to ep 2x06).

Yes, I do - it's gone up in my opinion (although I prefer The Clone Wars).

Well, there is no clone wars. Just the rebels, and the experience clone wars creators are pouring into this series. So, I don't think it will take four seasons to get things right, as they are already really intriguing.

There is for me - I'm still working my way through that series for the first time on blu-ray :)

Did you got all six in BR? BTW, if you would have collected DVD's, they had absolutely gorgeous art books in them. I doubt they did it in BR format.

Ctg, any idea when Rebels starts up again? I'm trying to find a date online and can't find anything conclusive...

No idea. There was supposed to be one at 31st, but it didn't come out. And I cannot get into Disney US site to confirm anything because it redirects me automatically to the UK one

Did you got all six in BR? BTW, if you would have collected DVD's, they had absolutely gorgeous art books in them. I doubt they did it in BR format.

Yes, I did get the art books - with the seasons I have so far, anyway - not sure about the seasons 1 - 5 box set. I'm quite disappointed, though, that the Collector's Edition BR box set wasn't released in the UK, as I would've preferred that.

Back on Rebels, I watched this clip just now and thought 'there's something wrong with this' - took me a few seconds to realise the image has been flipped (see the Disney logo) :D

Last edited:

“We thought we had an opportunity to show her learning to be a leader, experimenting with the personality that becomes the stronger more resolute character you see in A New Hope,” Star Wars: Rebels' executive producer Dave Filoni has said of bringing Princess Leia into the show.

“One of the complex challenges of depicting Leia in Rebels is that we have to remind the audience that at this point she is part of the Empire. She doesn’t believe in the Empire, but she is acting the part, almost a double agent.”
Star Wars: Rebels season 2: first clip of Princess Leia's appearance

@Juliana at states, 20th of January

Oh, I'm getting chills (my hairs are literally standing up). Yoda and Ezra, Ezra vs Vader, Vader vs Ashoka, Inquisitor's against Jedi's, Ezra making new saber. On top of everything, Jedi temple or another force related site. Well, I'm glad we are getting this because we haven't been able to go to see the Episode 7 as Viv's disability has made it complicated.

Last edited:
Dave Filoni teases the ultimate battle between Padawan and Master, Ahsoka vs. Darth Vader:

I like a lightsaber fight like anybody, or a big action sequence like we’ve done in the past, but I always find that those have little meaning if you don’t have the emotions going into it to support it — you don’t have the tension and the stakes. There’s some really powerful scenes coming up for fans involving Ahsoka.

As well as the incoming appearance of Princess Leia in the show:

We were really focused on trying to discover who Leia was prior to A New Hope. We know that she’s very strong, somewhat rash, super intelligent, but how did she develop those skills? In A New Hope, she’s really an impressive character when you think of her standing face to face with Tarkin, standing face to face with Vader, talking back to them, lying to them, deceiving them, misdirecting them.
- Star Wars - Rebels season 2 trailer - Deep dive with creator Dave Filoni - EW.com

I hate having too much to do, and not having enough of time to do a simple review.

To be honest, I'm not sure about Leia's introduction into the series. The thing is viewers don't know the exact time-frame for the Rebels, but they have take it granted that Leia and Luke has grown out from their baby shoes, while the Rebel movement grows stronger in the outer rim.

In fact, I would have preferred to see Leia as a teenage princess, rather someone who's absolutely cool with chaotic battlefield in Lothal. She shows she's smarter than average person by flying ships through the blockage and down on the ground at Lothal, where rebels are waiting for supplements.

Another thing is that she's not even scared when Empire brings a pair of AT-AT's to guard the ship against Rebels attempts to secure stock for Lothan people. And when blaster bolts starts flying she retains that same level of coolness, even if it's clear that she has spent a great deal time in senate.

Even then I hail the fact that the producers had to bring a politician on Rebels side to replace Amidala and Jar Jar from the Clone Wars, as it deepens the story and bring new angles to explore, while Rebels continue propelling through the second season.

My question is why Anakin is allowing her to do such a thing? Did Mr Vader lose his ability of reasoning when he put on the infamous Vader suit?

Sabina's part of Mandolarian Deathwatch!!! I would have never guessed that, especially not from her colourful armour. It's something else, and I'm glad she has chosen to follow her own path after the Clone Wars. But the references doesn't end there, because the moon in question was last time featured in the Clone Wars.

In fact, it was Death Watch main base during the Clone Wars and the Kom-rk class starfighters were stationed in there. They sure beat A-wings out from the game, even though A-wings are supposed to be the fastest vessels after Millenium Falcon. Maybe it's pilot fault and only person, who can drive them properly is Anakin Skywalker. But that's the thing, he knows how to drive anything properly - even if it ends catastrophically. And I'm saying this because it's not an easy task to take Hera's like pilot out from the game, but that also says something about the skills Mandalorian people wield.

Sabina is one of them, but she's also highly against them doing anything else than bowing under Empire's pressure. But now that they've been recruited, I'm sure everything will turn nicely. NOT!

Keeping watching because the end of the season is arriving and the plot is thickening.

Um, they posted an effing huge spoiler on third season and then they asked not to talk about it. What am I going to do?:censored::ninja::barefoot::devilish:

I want to watch this. I watched season one and enjoyed it, but what about season two? Are you all watching it on tv when it airs or something? Because I can never get it in the chronological order.