Star Wars: Rebels

In the finale, the hologram of Palpatine was depicted as the benevolent chancellor of the Republic, and not like the robed Sith leader of his current appearance. He appeases to Ezra with warmth, kindness, and a chance to see the people he loved and lost.

"Because when you're tasked with a great burden and something you have to do, it's normal for you to wish that these things weren't happening to you and it's normal for you to wish that your life was simpler and that these challenges fell elsewhere. And so the whole thing at the end is if the Emperor can offer him that wish that maybe this kid will take it and thus take himself out of the equation," Filoni said.

Later in the video, Lucasfilm Story Group executive Pablo Hidalgo answered a fan's question about whether the Emperor had access to the "world between worlds," and if he could have followed Ezra and Ahsoka inside.

"The thing is the Emperor could see what was happening in the 'world between worlds' because Ezra entered it. Ezra was who he was focusing on," Hidalgo said. "And using his Sith alchemy, he was able to get sort of like a hand grip in but he couldn't actually go in. So that's what the Emperor is looking for he's looking for, some sort of foothold. Some sort
'Star Wars Rebels': Dave Filoni on the Emperor's Endgame

In the final scenes of the series finale, audiences saw Ezra Bridger using his Force abilities to wrap the tentacles of a purrgil tightly around Grand Admiral Thrawn, neutralizing the powerful Chiss. The purrgil had destroyed the windows of the Star Destroyer, with the creature's jump to hyperspace theoretically killing both Ezra and Thrawn, as they were subjected to the hazards of space.

The series then jumped forward in time to after the events of Return of the Jedi, with Sabine and Ahsoka setting out to find Ezra in the vastness of space with the Galactic Empire effectively neutralized. Given his last appearance, many viewers assumed this was a fruitless endeavor, only for Filoni to reveal the truth on the web series Rebels Recon.

“I thought a lot about that… It’s one of those things that you go ‘Oh boy, I love the idea of an end credits scene!’" Filoni revealed about including a teaser involving the characters. "But as tempting as that is, I [decided that] if I cover that, then I want to do it right, and I don’t want to commit to things right now because things might change. So I have a lot of theories about it and what I think happens and where they are. I’ll say this much: they’re not dead. Both of them survive, both Ezra and Thrawn I would say survive it.”

With a hole in Star Wars' animated series schedule, many fans have pondered what the timeline of a future show on Disney XD could be. A recent trademark for the title "Star Wars: Resistance" hinted that the new series could be set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, with the ending of Rebels allowing for the series' characters to be featured once again.
'Star Wars Rebels' Producer Admits These Characters Survived the Finale

Would anyone want to speculate what Sabine's role is going to be on side of Ashoka? And where are they going to go to hunt the fish?

I don't know, but its got me hooked. I really hope this means that the next animated or live-action series follows these two. This was left so open that they could go anywhere and do just about anything along the way. How cool would it be if Ahsoka and Luke cross paths? Perhaps while Luke is journeying with a young Ben or Lors Santekka.

Perhaps while Luke is journeying with a young Ben or Lors Santekka.

Well, it's time of New Republic and everything is going to be new. Luke is going to set up his temple and somehow become a Jedi master. I hope they're not going to be completely locked down on that storyline as I want them to show more about time between the episodes. Most of the people know nothing as even the games focused on the Old Republic and Emperor's rule over the galaxy. I suspect they're going to find Ezra either residing in the Outer Rim or at the space between galaxies.

There is so much ground to cover between ROTJ and TFA that they could have multiple things going on at once to prevent that stagnate feel of behind bogged down to one storyline. I wonder which stories will be given the go-ahead for animation or live action, and which will be reserved for novels, comics and so on. (I am going to assume that the content ratings could be anywhere on the scale when Disney launches its own streaming service) I really want to see more about Luke in this time period, but I doubt they will try to make a movie, or ever try to recast Mark Hamill. That may be all novel material because they can cover more ground and add depth and expand as much as they want down the line. Still, the potential is there for a wide range of stories.

I'll bring up the Aftermath trilogy again, because it shows that transition into this new time period. And I think the novel Bloodline is set a several years prior to TFA. So there is a little available, but you're right, its still a large gap in time to be explored.

The final season of Star Wars Rebels hits Blu-ray Tuesday and with it, of course, will be a nice selection of special features. io9 is excited to debut this lovely clip from the set, which focuses on Hera and Kanan. Specifically, the course of their relationship during the animated series.

The clip—part of a larger feature—talks about how Hera and Kanan’s (voiced by Vanessa Marshall and Freddie Prinze Jr.) relationship was kind of drawn out over four seasons, solidified at the absolute worst time, but had an adorable, excellent, conclusion. Check it out.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-star-wars-rebels-blu-ray-clip-celebrates-hera-and-1827931952

Blueray's and DVD are out on this Thrusday. So if you have been waiting for a chance to check the final season on your own, now's your chance. Happy binge sessions to you all!