Discussion -- 75 Word Challenge -- May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentions first, I had to trim that list as well as the quality of the posts was very high.

Glen, where's my drink?
HB, removing the stickers is easier.
Starbeast, it will be my turn in March, can I borrow the spaceship?
Aun, not this month mate!
StormFeather, you came close to getting my vote, I liked it.

My votes goes to DOE, you've managed to get another super hero in, well done.

LOL - Thanks for the mention!!

I’ve really enjoyed reading all the stories, but these are my favourites. I have a shortlist, a shorter list, and my vote.

Springs1971 – Remembrance
Glitch – One last breath
Hex – Handwavium!...
TacticalLoco – Detective Roy G Biv...
Tisiphone – Blinded by life
Teresa – The phantasmagorium

Boneman – The colour of love
AlcubierreWarp – Greyscale
Chrispenycate – Doctor of Chromothaumatology

Thank you for the mention alchemist.

My short, shorter, and shortest...

Glitch - One last breath
choccoweeble - Saved
stormcrow - Joseph’s Coat
Glen - Estd 1759 (No Guinness!? That's for the Horror genre!)
TacticalLoco - Detective Roy G Biv vs the Rainbow Gang
r_j_dando - A Minimum Of Reason
HareBrain - Victory
ratsy - The Color of a Fairy Tale
TheDustyZebra - Dye Lot
Perpetual Man - Decorated

Vertigo - Arrival of the First God
AlcubierreWarp - Greyscale
* paranoid marvin - Cold Steel

My orginal short list was basically every story. It took three times though to get it down to a managable number,
but it was an enjoyable exercise.
Really, what excellant quality. I think we are improving and quickly too.

Short list and my vote for best of the best.

Gary Compton - Marvelous creativity.

Hex - You have the voice, and it was funny.

Glen - Oh Feck!

Grizzgreen - Nasty! Needless to say, I loved it.

HareBrain - I had a great, sustained laugh over this one.

crispenycate - A wicked tale producing a wicked smile.

And many, many other wonderful entries, but my vote goes to...

paraniod marvin - A masterfully crafted poem. Superb! Insightful.

Thanks for mentions TSP and Grizzgreen!! Appreciate it.

TSP - Thanks for the mention!

My vote goes to Teresa Edgerton.

My shortlistees:

StormFeather
Perpetual Man
chrispenycate
Arkose
Alcubierre Warp
crystal haven

Great stories everyone!

Great way to start a weekend; reading the entries, and jolly good they are, too (even if there's one or two I didn't understand...:eek:). Well done to us all, ain't this thread brilliant?

So, short list, shorter list and vote*
Luiglin
Springs 1971
Gary Compton
Choccoweeble
Tactical Loco
rjdando*
Alcubierrewarp
Ratsy
Perpetual man
TSP
The Judge

Absolutely any of my shorter list could have won, it was purgatory having to choose one. But rjdando got the vote and I want to see more of the story...

And Crystal Haven - thank you so much for the shorter listing!!:)

Took me an hour to read and digest all the entries, noting down the stories that caught my attention - which left me with quite a long short-list. Being ruthless I managed to cut it down to the following:

Glen
ratsy
the spurring platty
vertigo
TheDustyZebra

And my favourite: southron_sword - meets the brief, I think, with a nice piece of social commentary thrown in. Well done.

Having seen all the excellent stories that followed mine, I will certainly take more time writing next months entry!

Well done everyone.

My vote went to Arkose.

A bit of a pisciphile myself (icthyphile?) I enjoyed the idea of fish being killed by the algae - something I have battled with in most of the more extravagant fish tanks I have kept (both red and green types of algae) and the dialogue works well; I like the 'doh!" feel to it.

I have been dopey this month and so did not pay attention to the close-off date (which I therefore missed). I did have two offerings which I couldn't decide between, but I'll wait till this month's challenge (vote and congratulations) are done before I put em up in case any one is interested ;)

pH

Thanks for the vote Phyrebrat, you made my month! Thanks for the short list Stormcrow.

I am an ecologist with a passion for water quality. Ohio is having huge problems with toxic algae (blue-green algae), to the point where people have been sick and dogs have died, not to mention all the fish kills. I tried mixing the algae problem with Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and magic.

Wow, a vote! *does the happy dance* Thank you Boneman, I did not expect that at all!

And thanks to TSP for the shortlist mention - very much appreciated :)

Thanks to crystal haven and The Spurring Platty for short listing my story.

All very good stories.

my shortlist
Moonbat
Teresa Edgerton
TheDustyZebra
The Spurring Platty

With the vote going to
The Spurring Platty

I agree that the stories are of higher quality this month.

Thanks to DustyZebra, alchemist, crystal haven, the Spurring Platty and Boneman for mentioning mine.

And especially to Lilmisflashything for the vote. I'm so glad to have given you a laugh when you needed one.

I've been a quiet little Perpetual Man, although I have been lurking and paying attention.

Thanks to Hope for taking the time to do the comments despite being a bit under the weather.

And thanks to Boneman, Stormcrow, TSP and Alchemist (Germany?:)) for the mentions.

As for my vote:

As always a superb turnout, and magnificent stories from all. Makes it so hard to come up with a short list, let alone choosing who to vote for so:

springs
Gary
nixie
arkose
ratsy
starbeast
PM
Boneman
TSP
TE

A special mention for Starbeast for a second month, there is something about what he writes that always makes me smile.

I narrowed the list down to the two in bold and have found it nearly impossible to chose between them. So by the skin of the teeth:

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.