What was the WORST movie you've ever seen?

Not as bad as Batman and Robin (George Clooney was Batman in that). It had all the cheesiness of the original series, and none of the charm.

Yeah, the Batman movies descent was depressing, considering that Warner Brothers basically asked Tim Burton to step down from directing after Batman Returns, in favor of a more "family friendly" direction in the hopes it would become more profitable.

Michael Keaton left after Burton was replaced by Schumacher, and Val Kilmer took the role without even reading the script or finding out who the director was. After Keaton left, they decided that Rene Russo (41) was too old to play Kilmer's (36) love interest and replaced her with Nicole Kidman (28).

Further, while Marlon Wayans had been cast for the role of Robin for scenes cut from Batman Forever, they decided to replace him with a white actor while casting Batman Returns. Leonardo DiCaprio was being considered for the part, but declined after meeting with Schumacher, and they cast Chris O'Donnel instead.

More fun facts:

Schumacher said of working with Tommy Lee Jones: ""Jim Carrey was a gentleman, and Tommy Lee was threatened by him. I'm tired of defending overpaid, overprivileged actors. I pray I don't work with them again."

Jim Carrey reported that Jones told him on-set: "I hate you. I really don't like you ... I cannot sanction your buffoonery."

Val Kilmer stopped talking to Schumacher for two weeks during production after the director told him to stop being so rude to the crew. Schumacher later described Kilmer as "childish and impossible."

Really, the story of how Batmen went from Forever to Returns is one of my favorite production stories, even if it ended up ruining the franchise. Just such a great insight into what studio interference can do.

I never cared for any of the Joel Schumacher batman films.

Not to confuse deliberate cheese (Sharknado et al.) with BAD movies. It's not really fair if you haven't seen the 50s stuff... I mean they were genuinely cheapcheapcheap. Again - Tor Johnson was paid 300$ to STAR in Beast of Yucca Flats.
Most new movies are bad because the industry has gone sour, just like th' music biz. I expect lousy, even if the flik is made from a good series or book
(Evil Dead, Judge Dredd) they manage to wreck it, sometimes deliberately so people will keep watching and buying the superhero Marvel/DC comicbook stuff. Hard to believe that adults now discuss Duperman, Batguy and Spiderteen as if it's some kind of adult entertainment. The dumbDown musta worked, mindcontrol as well, really, aiiiie , argh, call in the Revengers, ZloNk! Biff!
BAD movies aren't ones you walked out on or didn't like - they are BAD, and this can be demonstrated by attempting to describe or review them.
Zardoz was picked at in here lately.... well, it is a terrific movie compared to the stuff out there. So is Sharknado.
Maybe you guys aren't trying hard enough. Go watch Troll2 a few times.... dig into the trash pile a little deeper to find the BAD stuff.... so BAD that 'tis good fun. That's what bad means, not awful, like most new stuff - cheap n cheesy and stupid, but fun. Conclude rant.

Zardoz was picked at in here lately.... well, it is a terrific movie compared to the stuff out there. So is Sharknado.
Maybe you guys aren't trying hard enough. Go watch Troll2 a few times.... dig into the trash pile a little deeper to find the BAD stuff.... so BAD that 'tis good fun. That's what bad means, not awful, like most new stuff - cheap n cheesy and stupid, but fun. Conclude rant.

I agree. The truly bad film is one where the people who were making it thought they really had something. They thought they were making, if not 'art' then at least, a good film. The best they could do. Not hamming it up and knowingly producing camped-up crap that they know is never going to win any awards. Most comedy is based on failure. The great thing about a truly bad films is their auteurs' failure to fulfil their ambitions.

BTW, my current WORST movie I've ever seen: Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft (2013) makes Troll 2 look Laurence of Arabia.

Oh I'm off to find that one then.

I seriously wouldn't bother:
my film diary said:
Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft
my film diary said:
(2013) - Hoooo boy! A knockbuster feeding frenzy! Of the four! (at least) films reworking (or at least using the names of) the Grimm Brothers' story made in 2013 this HAS to be the worst. I haven't seen any of the others: Hansel and Gretel, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Hansel & Gretel Get Baked but I can state this as a fact. An amazingly pants film which featured an endless reuse of establishing shots of places that appear to have nothing to do with the story. (At the start they are used so ineptly that our heroes appear to be expelled from the new school they are then sent to - which is clever.) By the end, after watching the same half dozen shots of somewhere endlessly reused, I got to recognising the extras. The star extra was the girl in the pink trousers and knapsack who can be seen aimlessly wandering around in shot after shot after shot. Even those scenes which are supposedly taking place days after her initial sighting she's got the same clothes on and is diligently striding about getting nowhere. Nameless girl in pink pants, I salute you; you stole the movie. (Not that I suspect it takes much to steal a movie from Fivel and Booboo Stewart. Eric Roberts didn't even try. I suspect he was too busy laughing at the script and where the director was placing the camera to keep a straight face for most of the time.)

Uh-oh... I have it now... and I watched the intro where the guy has a little cgi ball in his hand... and I am afraid.
Oh hey... The Black Hole, 2015, is on right now and my friend is being zombified by it. It presumes to SF but seems more like a miserable TV soapOpera of some kind... as a violinist guy supposedly watches the collapse of time and space. And plot.

Last edited:
Star Trek Generation 1994. . It was essentially a Next Generation episode with bigger budget and not very good at all.

Agh, JunkMonkey is right - don't bother. It's tedious, and that's the differmints I reckons - Troll2 is jaw-dropping, whilst H n' G - W.O.W. is just ghastly well-to-do teenagers in a vaguely satanic school with cheap cgi.

Streetfighter is still up there, closely followed by Hoboken Hollow. The Prince is the most recent candidate for worst film starring John Cusack's coat.

Streetfighter is still up there, closely followed by Hoboken Hollow. The Prince is the most recent candidate for worst film starring John Cusack's coat.

Streetfighter was Raul Julia's last film.

Troll2 is a masterpiece of bad filmmaking, but I can kind of forgive its awfulness, and at least it has a wafer-thin plot. In my mind it has latterly been usurped by Tommy Wiseau's The Room, which is a staggering filmmaking achievement, inasmuch as it isn't actually about anything, in any way. Definitely worth watching.

Aaargh! Tried to watch Green Hornet last night, but it was really dismal. Jay Chou had a hard time performing with Seth Rogan, who really couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. I usually enjoy Cameron Diaz's scatty, dizzy blonde act, but she didn't seem to enjoy herself enough to put any real effort into the role. I can hardly blame her.

Gave up about half way through when I realised that even if the plot ever picked up, the film was so badly directed that it was never going to work for me. I see it crashed in the cinema. Shame.

Aaargh! Tried to watch Green Hornet last night, but it was really dismal. Jay Chou had a hard time performing with Seth Rogan, who really couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. I usually enjoy Cameron Diaz's scatty, dizzy blonde act, but she didn't seem to enjoy herself enough to put any real effort into the role. I can hardly blame her.

Gave up about half way through when I realised that even if the plot ever picked up, the film was so badly directed that it was never going to work for me. I see it crashed in the cinema. Shame.
I've tried to watch that film twice, each time I gave up, to be honest I haven't even attempted to watch The Lone Ranger I just have a feeling it will be the same.

All comic book stuff is the same now. There's an A and a B team, but it's all of a piece. I just watched AntMan. It was buggy.