WORST MOVIES OF ALL TIME(Non-Science Fiction)

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This thread deals with worst(non Science Fiction )Films.

I know there are many to chose from...

The first bad movie that came to my mind was "The Cat in the Hat", with Mike Myers. The book is a wonderful children's picture story which has been on the bestseller list for generations. But making a full length live action movie out of it was a disaster.

It was rated PG-13 for sexual innuendo, despite the fact that the book is read by preschoolers. The "Cat" was downright creepy, and the story had so much filler and so little plot there was nothing to follow.

I made the mistake of seeing this movie shortly after it came out because my children were both toddlers/preschoolers at the time. I thought it was one of the most horrible book adaptations I've ever seen.

Heaven's Gate 1980 . Michael Cimino's magnum opus disaster film/western. Awful film.

Exorcist II The Heretic 1977 I wonder what Richard Burton was thinking when he signed on for for that film. The first film was a classic , It's amazing the sequel was a bad as it was.

Ishtar, of course. Starship Troopers. Supergirl from the 80s or 90s, the one in which she says, Selena, you have no friends.

Omen III , good story concept , very poor execution.

Dudly Doright; the cartoon was rather good, though; about as good as the ones in the old BULLWINKLE :)ROFLMAO: 'BULLWINKLE' is in the auto-correct system!) show, but the movie that followed it was rather poor. Too many stepping on the loose floorboard gags had me fast-forwarding past the middle, and again, as it just became obvious that it ran out of good material after the 1st 15 to 20 minutes.

Dudly Doright; the cartoon was rather good, though; about as good as the ones in the old BULLWINKLE :)ROFLMAO: 'BULLWINKLE' is in the auto-correct system!) show, but the movie that followed it was rather poor. Too many stepping on the loose floorboard gags had me fast-forwarding past the middle, and again, as it just became obvious that it ran out of good material after the 1st 15 to 20 minutes.

Totally agree. It was fun watching Alfred Molina chewing up the scenery as Snidley Whiplash but you're right. They tried to repeat the formula of George of the Jungle (which worked - it's a stupid but jolly little film) but somehow got the mix wrong.

Matrix Revolutions!

Just plain bad on so many levels.

"Reloaded" was a portent of bad things to come, but I never quite expected something quite so terrible/disappointing as this steaming pile of ploppiness! (and yes, I realise this is sf, but still, it's a terrible terrible film regardless)

Empire State (1987) I remember a group of us went to watch this at the cinema, back then we worked on the theory that if Barry Norman gave a film a bad review it was worth watching. He really slated this one and he was right. The six of us went into the cinema and there was around twenty people in there, half way through the film someone rang a door bell on the screen and woke me up, by the end there were eight of us left it was an appalling film.

Matrix Revolutions!

Just plain bad on so many levels.

"Reloaded" was a portent of bad things to come, but I never quite expected something quite so terrible/disappointing as this steaming pile of ploppiness! (and yes, I realise this is sf, but still, it's a terrible terrible film regardless)

The Washowskies have never been able to match the success they had with the Matrix.

Doc Savage 1976 This film should have been hit, It wasn't . it had Ron Ely in the title role. The problem , studio meddling, a bad script and a paltry budget.

Last edited:

Back