Game of Thrones HBO - Disappointments, discuss.

Lofwyr

They did show the outside of the Inn, just before Cat and Rodrick were shown, but I agree that where they were could have been made clearer, although it was clear that it was an inn north of KL and south of Winterfell.

I'll have what Wiggum is having.:)

I imagine there is only so much you can do with regular direwolves. Perhaps Summer was the best at acting.

Our imagination has an unlimited budget. HBO, on the other hand, does not.

My wife had a rerun of Tru Blood on the other night, they had some cool looking wolves, even a white one.

Pretty much my only disappointment aside from no flashbacks to the real back story. But we only have ten hours to tell a story that could easily take 40 in that type of medium.

I'll have what Wiggum is having.:)

Seriously, I've talked to a lot of men about a lot of mules.

If you come across a fantasy churro of love, you pay street price without a bicker.

Y'all have no idea how much I'm dreading the casting of Ygritte.

Gawd I hope they do that right.

Seriously, I've talked to a lot of men about a lot of mules.

If you come across a fantasy churro of love, you pay street price without a bicker.

Y'all have no idea how much I'm dreading the casting of Ygritte.

Gawd I hope they do that right.

They'll probably err on the side of being too attractive, but hopefully not TOO attractive.

The one that I'm dreading is Brienne.

Brienne isn't an issue.

Hillary Swank in fugly makeup.

And I have a serious, and legitimate, crush on Hillary Swank.

Have since 90210.

That's a good looking woman, ready for fugly, that could beat up most of my male friends.

I'm not joking about Ygritte though.

She tempered Jon, made metal out of a Ghost and obsidian.

When I read the Mel chapter on The Wall.....and she said "You know nothing, Jon Snow" My spine retreated into the base of my skull.

My wife had a rerun of Tru Blood on the other night, they had some cool looking wolves, even a white one.
I totally forgot about them. They were 3 kinds of awesome. Maybe it was a double booking issue? :rolleyes:

I totally forgot about them. They were 3 kinds of awesome. Maybe it was a double booking issue? :rolleyes:
Ha! Good one. here's another one, my wife had The Chronicles of Narnia, Lion Witch and the Wardrobe on this morning...and you guessed it! They had cool looking wolves. HBO could use them in background and the real dog/wolf for close ups like in the last episode where Jon and the guys used Ghost to threaten the ruffian to leave Sam alone.

But was that Jerome Flynn? I didn't recognise him. Jerome looks too soft for Bronn.

Robson and Jerome Jerome?! No way! That's quite hilarious.

*Does a quick google search* Hah, it is! It's totally him. And yet, from the photos I'm seeing, it...really works. He does look like so much like a Bronn.

If Bronn was the man in the tavern who took Tyrion's coin for the room, he looked very rough and ready, and very much the part IMO. :)

I never looked at the credits, but i assumed that the guy who took the coin was Bronn.

Robson and Jerome Jerome?! No way! That's quite hilarious.

*Does a quick google search* Hah, it is! It's totally him. And yet, from the photos I'm seeing, it...really works. He does look like so much like a Bronn.

That's good. I'm guessing they've slapped a lot of make-up on him!

I never looked at the credits, but i assumed that the guy who took the coin was Bronn.

I can't quite picture who that guy was. Jerome Flynn is unrecognisable (a good thing) if that was Bronn!

Guess I'll have to wait and see!

If Bronn was the man in the tavern who took Tyrion's coin for the room, he looked very rough and ready, and very much the part IMO. :)

That was him! The way I pictured Bronn is fading in my mind and I say we see how he fights, that should decide it.
I took a look at the you tube link to see who Jerome is..looks like he may be an English version of David Cassidy though many performers have done well against type or previous roles.Let's just hope they don't get Justin Beiber to play Mance Rayder!

Wiggum, I am in love with Hillary Swank too! Keep in mind the woman to play Brienne will have to be a big girl too.;)

Well, I've watched the first 4 eps and I've changed my mind. The Dani storyline is going quite nicely, and I'm enjoying watching it a lot.

Okay...I thought the Loras/Renly scene was pretty bad. At least twice as long as it needed to be. For something that was done with such subtlety in the books the show is really hitting us over the heads with it.

The extra minutes spent on that scene could have been used to craft much smoother lead-ins once again. Just suddenly dropping us in the Eerie speaking to Lysa was poorly done. 2 minutes of introduction an "oh good to see you sister - you need to see my son" and the entire scene would have felt far more connected to the episode.

Okay...I thought the Loras/Renly scene was pretty bad. At least twice as long as it needed to be. For something that was done with such subtlety in the books the show is really hitting us over the heads with it.

The extra minutes spent on that scene could have been used to craft much smoother lead-ins once again. Just suddenly dropping us in the Eerie speaking to Lysa was poorly done. 2 minutes of introduction an "oh good to see you sister - you need to see my son" and the entire scene would have felt far more connected to the episode.

I agree. I think they needed to show how hard it is to get up there, as well as a brief meeting with Cat and Lysa.