Gemmell's most dangerous/deadliest character

tarantio

Who, in your opinion, was Gemmels most dangerous/deadliest character in any of his books and why? Is it Waylander...Druss...Decado...Tarantio...Skillgannon...Connovar...???

And who was the best swordsman?

Druss, and every character that heard of him or met him would agree with that, he is after all The Legend

Swordsman ill have to get back to you, but my first thought goes straight to Skillgannon.

this is a very difficult question to answer as for the best swordsman I would probably go with either Tarantio or Decado. I think for the deadliest I think I may go for Jon Shannow

To be honest I wouldnt like to bet on things,
Druss perhaps the greatest warrior, Decado the greatest swordsman, Shannow the greatest Duelist and Waylander the greatest assassin. If they were to go head to head, not sure who would walk out, without weapons, more than likely Druss, with weapons then its a free for all dependent upon who was taken out first.

Always bring a gun to a sharp pointy thing fight. Ergo Shannow.

not read any shannow books yet but surely the gun are a cop out. i much prefer fights with "sharp pointy things", i think waylander's crossbow is as close to a gun as i would go.

decado i think. and maybe waylander. he's more deadly because he could sneak up on you. in a fair fight, druss, but i think waylander wouldn't get to that position, he'd take you out before hand. *shrug* i also like him more than druss.

Well for me it is a toss up between Waylander and Druss but I have only read the Drenai tales and I recently found out I have yet to read

Hero In The Shadows

White Wolf

The Swords Of Night And Day

I shall look forward to them.

But yeah as I said Druss or Waylander.

Druss is the greatest warrior in my opinion. The best swordsman would be Dace or Decado - its hard to say which. Most deadly would be Waylander, due mostly to the range he has to his advantage. I wouldnt put Shannow in the same category due to the fact he uses a gun. Although Viruk uses a zhi bow and he'd be pretty lethal as well.

That still leaves the question of who would be the greater though, decado the Ice Killer, Warrior Priest, or Decado the Reborn?

That still leaves the question of who would be the greater though, decado the Ice Killer, Warrior Priest, or Decado the Reborn?

I think Decado the Ice Killer. The Reborn was more derranged, wasn't he. I think the Ice Killer would have edge on him.

We used to run this as a competition on the old David Gemmell Yahoo! Group, as it goes and people voted for who they thought was the best. Druss "fought" Decado in the final, and Druss won.

But I thought that was more a popularity thing than a skills thing, myself!

Cheers

L

Here is a wide one for thought. In Swords of Nightand Day we had the tinker Stavut, better known as Stavi. He controlled a pack or 40+ Joinings, who would folow his bidding. Piss him off and the rest of your life would not feature much tomorrow.

Deadliest would be Waylander tbh, for the simple reason that he does not fight fair...at all. One minute you are walking/sleeping/eating/rutting next minute there a small feathered black shaft in your eye.

Best swordsman would be that bloke who possessed Yu Yu in Waylander 3. Reckon he would slice Decado up nicely.