Gemmell's most dangerous/deadliest character

I don't hear anyone talking about Tenaka Khan. Didn't Decado (when he was the Ice Killer) consider him to be the only swordsmen who could challenge him?

how do you know they didnt fight each other!! plus Skillgannon always steps up to the plate

They did have a fight...in the swords of night and day...Skillgannon won, but only because Decado let him...in the discussion between them afterwards, Skillgannon acknowledged Decado as being better than him.

They did have a fight...in the swords of night and day...Skillgannon won, but only because Decado let him...in the discussion between them afterwards, Skillgannon acknowledged Decado as being better than him.

Yeah that's true, Decado had all the skill of Skilgannon but was more deranged, which would give you an edge in a fight. Shannow was very deadly, not just because of the gun thing, but also because he could hear an assassin sneaking through a storm. Druss is deadly in obvious ways, but any skilled swordsman would beat him, one on one. Tarantio, had Dace. Connavar is just awesome. So it's a tough topic really.

Waylander has got to be the most deadly. He's not physcotic (sp) like Decado and idn't own possessed weaponary like Skil or Druss.

Druss had his code to stop him being evil - but Waylander was smart, deadly and probably Royland. Definiitely the most deadly!

Plus shannow did take out the leader of the guardians with a sword, thus proving hes no pushover without his guns. One that hasnt been mentioned is viruk (mental, absolutly mental)

Viruk!! That name has been eluding me for over a year now.

I've only read Echoes, and Swords of Night and Day.

For sheer power, it'd be Druss, hands down.
For skill, either Skillgannon or Decado - Skillgannon is a lot more refined than Decado.

Tarantio, yes they did fight in The Swords of NIght and Day, however you have to remember that Skilgannon wasnt fully used to the body to which he came to inhabit. It hadnt had years of combat training for a start and its a different Decado that inhabits.

In regards to the fact about Decado thinking that only Tenaka could challenge him, with the sparing they were even at one match each, hence why he thought that they could challenge each other.

Has anyone mentioned Jaim Gyramauch, Pagan, Helikaon, Argurios or Hektor? Cos I was just thinking, Jaim is by far the best character in the Rigante books, Pasgan took out quite a few Joinings on his own in King Beyond the Gate, Argurios and Helikaon held off an army pretty much on their own in Lord of the Silver Bow, and Hektor is supposedly the best warrior in the Troy Books, so i just thought they warranted mention.

I recently read Lord of the silver bow, and after that I'd add Helikaon and Argurios. Jaim was really hard, but Druss would nail him. Kaelin was quite hard. Gaise was immense because he was hard as nails and he had a really bad temper.

i would say jaim or druss and my reasons would be because they have sheer determination and never give up. i do like skillgannon though

how do you know they didnt fight each other!! plus Skillgannon always steps up to the plate
They do fight at the end of Swords of Night and Day, Decado is better as stated by Skillgannon who asks why he didn't kill him when by his count he had 3-4 oppurtunities to finish Skillgannon off. Personally I would like to think that SG was better, but obviously Gemmell wanted it different.

I also would like to throw Tenaka Khan out there as a possible deadliest as he and Decado always debated who was better.

P.S My First Post, Hello to all.

Hi Bane,
Perhaps the question should have been how would the original Decado done against his reborn. Now that would be interesting.

Hi Bane,
Perhaps the question should have been how would the original Decado done against his reborn. Now that would be interesting.

That is interesting... I think maybe the Reborn may have won as he seemed to have a berserker type personality and I think you would have to kill him outright to stop him. But then staying cool is also a major advantage... in other words.... I am not sure who would win. And I think that as mentioned before, the original Skilgannon may well have beaten the reborn Decado, as the reborn Skilgannon didn't have full control or balance over his body yet. It was body which was not conditioned by years of training as he was originally, which would have given him better speed and strength.

I think that the deadliest character has to be Waylander through his talents of surviving and his skill with most weapons.
I think that the most dangerous character has to be Druss cause no once could face him while he had Snaga. I mea he was ill and helped skilagonnan beat the Nadir in white wolf and he killed Nadir just before he died

Though i think the best swordsman is Decado (both of them) cause the reborn could have killed SKilagonnan. But Teneka Khan did say that Decado was possibly the greatest swordsman of the age

The most deadliest was easily Waylander, although his rival Cadoras deserves a mention. Druss would of been a distant second.

The best swordsman is really a matter of opinion, I personally would favour Dace above all. Second to him would be Decado the Ice Killer tied with Decado Reborn and third I would have Antikas Karios who was the cockiest person in all DG's books.

for an axeman obviously Druss, for an archer it would have to be Waylander but for a swordsman either Decado or Regnak (though only after he lost virae and was baresark) but Decado would probably still win cause he has source powers

come on peaple Druss is the best no single swordsman can stand against the blades of no return. to get close enough to kill him is to die end of story. even if he was stabbed or slashed first that axe is going to end you even without the enchantments on it anymore. whoever trys to kill Druss is going to die even if he succeeds.

come on peaple Druss is the best no single swordsman can stand against the blades of no return. to get close enough to kill him is to die end of story. even if he was stabbed or slashed first that axe is going to end you even without the enchantments on it anymore. whoever trys to kill Druss is going to die even if he succeeds.

Yes, but that is if they were to go toe to toe with him. Waylander is the most deadly because his skill as an assassin would enable him to take out Druss without having to fight him.

hmmmm it all depends on if druss saw him coming or not cause if he did see him he could knock the crossbow bolt out of the air and then hurl his axe in return. Its a tricky one does druss have a roylnd style spidey sense? cause if he does waylander would be screwed