Post your art in the gallery!

My Vincent Price statues.

The Witchfinger(ha--I wrote it like that--I won't change it) General is my favorite (the third from the right)--I fluked out with the expression--it was customized--and I intended to sell it but I like the expression so much that I can't offer it until I have duplicated it for myself. I also need to make the hat. I hate making hats. Some were requested. The Prospero and Red Death, and the Dr Phibes. I want to do the Raven for next year. Maybe a 3d printed head.

pitprice1frontlalt.jpgushersdfrontsml.jpgphibesfinalfrontsml.jpghauntedhillprice (5).JPGprosperonpaintedfrontsmlhat.jpgreddeathpaintedfront.jpgwitchfinderhatless2sml.jpgjulianfrontmidwithpic.jpgIMG_0590frontabglegood.jpg

My Vincent Price statues.

The Witchfinger(ha--I wrote it like that--I won't change it) General is my favorite (the third from the right)--I fluked out with the expression--it was customized--and I intended to sell it but I like the expression so much that I can't offer it until I have duplicated it for myself. I also need to make the hat. I hate making hats. Some were requested. The Prospero and Red Death, and the Dr Phibes. I want to do the Raven for next year. Maybe a 3d printed head.

View attachment 94311View attachment 94313View attachment 94317View attachment 94310View attachment 94305View attachment 94308View attachment 94309View attachment 94315View attachment 94316

Outstanding .:cool:

My 3d printed Vincenzo and Kolchak heads.
3d printing is incredible. The first time I heard of it was in Dark Man and I just assumed it was a lot of BS and impossible and yet here we are--you can take photos of something and convert it into any material--plaster, rubber, chocolate.
Even the T-1000--which thought was totally impossible and far out--even liquid metal sculpted by computer is happening.
I bet one day someone will make an actual terminator with Arnie's appearance and voice.

Attachments

• kolchakvincenzo2.jpg
    kolchakvincenzo2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 40
My 3d printed Vincenzo and Kolchak heads.
3d printing is incredible. The first time I heard of it was in Dark Man and I just assumed it was a lot of BS and impossible and yet here we are--you can take photos of something and convert it into any material--plaster, rubber, chocolate.
Even the T-1000--which thought was totally impossible and far out--even liquid metal sculpted by computer is happening.
I bet one day someone will make an actual terminator with Arnie's appearance and voice.

Again great stuff . Simon Oakland was great character actor and underrated . He was in episode of the Outer Limits played an Alie underneath all that makeup and prosthetics his acting literally shone through . I liked him Tony Vincenzo opposite Daren McGavin . Daren McGavein years later Ddi some episodes fXFlies but as a diffrernet character. Chris Carter wanted him to revise his Kolchk character but Mcgavin wasn't;t interested and doing . Too bad, Id like to have a conversation between Fox Mulder and Carl Kolchak.:cool:

Again great stuff . Simon Oakland was great character actor and underrated . He was in episode of the Outer Limits played an Alie underneath all that makeup and prosthetics his acting literally shone through . I liked him Tony Vincenzo opposite Daren McGavin . Daren McGavein years later Ddi some episodes fXFlies but as a diffrernet character. Chris Carter wanted him to revise his Kolchk character but Mcgavin wasn't;t interested and doing . Too bad, Id like to have a conversation between Fox Mulder and Carl Kolchak.:cool:
I loved the Night Stalker, growing up.

I do digital painting photo stuff too.
Here's a couple of what if Hammer film posters I did for fun. It just occurred to me that both have someone extending a hand to the side. That's a strange coincidence.
I figured that Hammer made Halloween they would call it the old world name.

halloweenhammer.jpghammerfogsml.jpg

This is why I think Game workshop should let movie makes do 40 k films . It could be bigger than Star Wars.
Considering a huge portion of their income comes from video game licencing it still confuses me as to why they haven't done so already.

Come to think of it, I'd love to see a British tag team of Aardman and Games Workshop make something together :)

I think a 40k film would be too miserable and too weird-looking to work as a big-budget film. The space marines are eight feet tall and spit acid. That would just look stupid on screen: their heads wouldn't even be on the right level to talk to people. There's also the problem that the tone of GW's stuff has changed greatly over the years. It used to be very tongue in cheek, like 2000 AD, but now it's very one-note. I think the best adaptation would probably be a stylised cartoon, but that wouldn't have mass appeal.

They made the height differences work in the Lord of the Rings films with a few setup scenes and then careful angles.
But I agree 40K has become too depressing.

I think it would seem pretty drab: while the models are often very inspired, seen as a whole it could be quite dull to look at. There's also a level of subtlety and realism that's been lost. In an older book, it said that the humans send ambassadors to Eldar planets and sometimes even hire orks: that's too complex for modern 40k, where everyone is a bit dim and hates everyone else.

I think it would seem pretty drab: while the models are often very inspired, seen as a whole it could be quite dull to look at. There's also a level of subtlety and realism that's been lost. In an older book, it said that the humans send ambassadors to Eldar planets and sometimes even hire orks: that's too complex for modern 40k, where everyone is a bit dim and hates everyone else.

I always wanted a Space Hulk / genestealer movie, like Event Horizon meets Aliens. I think we kinda got it with Dead Space, though.

How about just remaking Starship Troopers with Tyranids...

Or Apocalypse Now... with Tyranids :)

Or Predator... with, you guessed it... a single Tyranid.

But seriously, I get that whatever they did would be pretty niche, but something with the Guard wouldn't have to be too CGI-heavy and could probably be relatable. I doubt Hollywood would be willing to work with them though.

Back