Just slightly embarrassed ...

I have suggested many times around the posts that you should make them into films. That'd be great! I wouldn't be surprised if someone sold your autograph on ebay.

Well, there is quite a lot of interest within the film industry over Imperial Spy. I will have to wait and see whether we can sell the rights this year. I wouldn't hold your breath, though. Even if I manage to sell the rights, there's only about a one in twenty chance of the film being made.

don't be so modest, any filmmaker who read your book would not give it second thaught, they would make it streight away

Mark,

What about other ways of broadening your readership - e.g. audiobooks? It's a format that seems to work pretty well for fantasy (Harry Potter, LOTR, Pullman etc.). Have you thought about this at all?

Mark Robson said:
Well, there is quite a lot of interest within the film industry over Imperial Spy. I will have to wait and see whether we can sell the rights this year. I wouldn't hold your breath, though. Even if I manage to sell the rights, there's only about a one in twenty chance of the film being made.

I've considered audio books already, Patrick, but the investment is just too big for me to make on my own. If S & S decide to go for an audio book of Imperial Spy, I will be delighted, but it's not something that I would look to do on my own account. It's frustrating, though, as I'm asked about audio books at least once a week. I'm fairly certain they would sell.