Vernor Vinge - Audiobooks (The Children of the Sky)

MrCHansen

Hi VV Fans,
If you follow my threads you'll see I'm very much into consuming content in written and audio formats. I like to read a chapter and then listen to one in the car or at the gym. This allows me to get thru books faster then just reading them when time permits. That said, today's book is
"The Children of the Sky" by Vernor Vinge. I got a legal copy to listen to thru a library site (Overdrive/Libby). This a great source to listen to an audiobook free, but a pain in @ss given that it is comprised of large streaming files and isn't broken down into chapters. Audible lets you jump to each chapter beginning, but this isn't always possible from other sites.

To that end, I've created a summary list of chapters and rough lengths. If you do the Library Rental thing to listen to it, you'll need to figure out which chapter you are on and do the math to get to the one you want. Here is the list in text format in case you want to copy it into excel and have it do the math for you. Also you'll find a JPG file on the bottom here to be able to download the list as an image if that helps. Times might be slightly different by a second or two....but it will get your there fast.
Happy Listening

Attachments

• The Children of the Sky Times.jpg
    The Children of the Sky Times.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 52