The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 1964 to 1968

You'll be telling us next that the theme of the original The Prisoner isn't up to the standards of that of its remake (a show I didn't watch beyond the first episode...).
No, I won't be saying that because I never watched either and have no intention to at this point.

Oh you should, the original is terrific stuff. I didn't get past the first episode of the rehash either.

Ive not seen the reboot, but have heard nothing that makes me want to see it.

That show transformed my life and made me into the rugged individualist that I am today, - other than that it didn't influence me much. :)
Okay, that got me to look at the Trailer, which looked like a spoof on James Bond, which would make me hate it. But I will likely persevere, try to get my the 60 year out of date tech, and watch an episode because you and others think so highly of it.

I remember when we were in North Wales my wife was bemused as to why I wanted to visit Port Meirion, some how she didn't believe my mutterings about the wonderful Italian architecture etc etc. When we arrived she saw some information about the filming of The Prisoner there and said so that's why you wanted to come here, and no you can't have a black blazer with white trim.
Number-Six-the-prisoner-26747584-1024-768.jpg

I was about to say that it has the harpsichord of the Addams family, but the rhythm and feel of the tune is very Munsters.

I agree that the harpsichord does give it a Munsters feel. But as to the lyrics being "naff" I'm not buying it. I've loved those lyrics from when I first heard them nearly 60 years ago. It just gives me the right feel. -- Now it may be that I am especially fond of them because at the time I heard those lyrics I had never entered a movie theater and so had seen absolutely none of the James Bond movies.