Halo Season 2

Sorceress 21

Trailer just dropped:

Season premier is February 8th. Looks good. Makee character is coming back however it's not been disclosed whether her return will be some miraculous survival of her end from Season 1 or only in flashbacks. Personally I like the character and hope she survives.

I think the folks who were all bent over a barrel over the chief removing his helmet and the Makee character should just stick to the game. Games are games and a TV show is a TV show. Having the Master-chief never remove his helmet plays well in game lore but translates into a childish nonsensical plot device in a Sci-Fi Action Drama series and is just silly.

There's a person under the helmet, genetically enhanced or not I want to know the character. A Halo TV series that keeps the Chief's helmet on gives us little more than an automaton with no depth, just a killing machine for the sake for the plot. In that case why make the Chief human at all? Why not just make the character an android?

SCI TV has been plagued over the years with no depth. Probably the only two in modern times that gave us real gritty adult drama unquestionably have been RD Moore's BSG and perhaps the recent series on MGM Beacon 23.

Halo is sort of accomplishing good drama though frankly the 1st season wasn't spectacular but it's got room to get better and I hope it will. I don't want to watch unemotional characters just blowing things up. That's been done to death. I'm glad the producers of the series deviated from the game source material in that regard. A TV series that just mimic's a game scenario would've sucked.

Trailer just dropped:

Season premier is February 8th. Looks good. Makee character is coming back however it's not been disclosed whether her return will be some miraculous survival of her end from Season 1 or only in flashbacks. Personally I like the character and hope she survives.

I think the folks who were all bent over a barrel over the chief removing his helmet and the Makee character should just stick to the game. Games are games and a TV show is a TV show. Having the Master-chief never remove his helmet plays well in game lore but translates into a childish nonsensical plot device in a Sci-Fi Action Drama series and is just silly.

There's a person under the helmet, genetically enhanced or not I want to know the character. A Halo TV series that keeps the Chief's helmet on gives us little more than an automaton with no depth, just a killing machine for the sake for the plot. In that case why make the Chief human at all? Why not just make the character an android?

SCI TV has been plagued over the years with no depth. Probably the only two in modern times that gave us real gritty adult drama unquestionably have been RD Moore's BSG and perhaps the recent series on MGM Beacon 23.

Halo is sort of accomplishing good drama though frankly the 1st season wasn't spectacular but it's got room to get better and I hope it will. I don't want to watch unemotional characters just blowing things up. That's been done to death. I'm glad the producers of the series deviated from the game source material in that regard. A TV series that just mimic's a game scenario would've sucked.

I don't really care about following source lore as long as the product is good. But Season 1 of the adaptation just wasn't very good.

Even outside of the connection to Halo, as a space opera the show (I think) fails deeply compared to something like The Expanse.

I don't really care about following source lore as long as the product is good. But Season 1 of the adaptation just wasn't very good.

Even outside of the connection to Halo, as a space opera the show (I think) fails deeply compared to something like The Expanse.

I'll agree with that. I am hoping it improves. Has a lot of potential but needs some cleanup.

I have the first dvd on dv even with its shortcomings I enjoyed . Dr Halsey is a though miserable human being and If were master Chief, I think I would not trust Cortana as far I could throw her.

So far I'd say Season 2 is far less than Season 1. So far, (3 episodes in) all that stands out to me is endless dialogue and back stabbing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BT Jones TV Series Search 6
P General TV Discussion 6
B General TV Discussion 27
Brian G Turner Science & Nature 4
C Larry Niven 12