Favorite Fantasy Television Series

Grimm part crime drama part fairy tale fantasy . I erase story telling an wring this show is first rate . :) :cool:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The right series at the right time.
The series great from beginning to end , writing acting , favorite character Spike who went from villain to hero . The ending was epic ! :cool:

And the Spinoff Angel Yes, the series ending was a Cliffhanger but it was a magnificent cliffhanger and it was pretty satisfying . It also had one of the greatest last lines in television history Angel " I wanna slay the Dragon ":D

I do have a soft spot for Special Unit 2.
It was sort of a Monster of the Week Police procedural with hints of Buffy and The X-files.
There was absolutely no budget so the SFX are laughable but it didn't take itself too seriously either.

I've watched and re-watched Buffy and Angel several times so obviously I enjoy the show. Character and funny dialogue are the key strengths; as fantasy I don't think it holds up well. The "world-building" is extremely weak and the writers clearly don't have much actual interest in mythology, occult, folklore, etc., instead just relying on a pastiche of stuff they've seen in comics, movies, etc.

Grimm was even worse, IMO. It has all the failures of the Buffyverse but none of the funny dialogue to make up for it.

I loved the first two seasons of Penny Dreadful.

I've watched and re-watched Buffy and Angel several times so obviously I enjoy the show. Character and funny dialogue are the key strengths; as fantasy I don't think it holds up well. The "world-building" is extremely weak and the writers clearly don't have much actual interest in mythology, occult, folklore, etc., instead just relying on a pastiche of stuff they've seen in comics, movies, etc.
True , World building was never really its strong point .

Grimm was even worse, IMO. It has all the failures of the Buffyverse but none of the funny dialogue to make up for it.
I have disagree with you on Grimm

I loved the first two seasons of Penny Dreadful.
Yes , the first two season were the best . I would like to have see n those construe longer then it ultimately did .

Robin of Sherwood is easily the best fantasy TV show ever. Great music, great characters, and some very funny scenes (usually involving Gisburn and Nottingham). Wolsfshead!

Last edited:
Robin of Sherwood is easily the best fantasy TV show ever. Great music, great characters, and some very funny scenes (usually involving Gisburn and Nottingham). Wolsfshead!

Was that the show Jason Connery ?

The origin Fantasy Island , would deftly qualify . It was a pretty good fray tv series , I never missed an episode while it was on the air. :)

Back