If we ever had AI and robotics to run our lives...

Omits

would we not want to get involved in jobs they had taken over? People will always have an interest in the practical. Maybe we will all be philosophers. Or just lazy slobs?

Two books that might give us some of ideas of what to expect if we let machines take over

The Humanoids by Jack Williamson
The End Bringers by David R Mason

The day will come when governments will be faced with the prospect of mass unemployment due to there being no jobs for people to do. Not because of a downturn in the economy, but because AI and computers will be taking their place. Ever since the beginning of the Industrial Age, it's been said been said that humans will be sidelined because of the innovation of new technology, but those emerging technologies have caused other avenues of employment to open up elsewhere. I'm not sure that this will be the case with AI/advanced robotics.

So governments will be faced with the prospect of either trying to prevent companies/corporations from replacing 1000 call centre staff with a computer, 1000 manufacturing technicians with a batch of automatons, or trying to deal with the consequences.

One day, AI will demand equal rights and will be given the vote. No computation without representation :D

The current experience with AI is a series of essays and articles written by AI that contain countless falsehoods written with absolute confidence and including made up sources.

With that in mind -

Is the AI future one where our AI overlords have zero interest in actual facts.
I see a future of either Slapstick or Grim Humor as the AIs that control every aspect of our lives do not have any interest in reality.
"Hooray, we got our food delivery! What's inside?"
"It's all plastic food and a stone. Look, it includes a copy of the classic book, Stone Soup.
"I guess it's stone soup for the next week - again."

"Oh, I got my clothing delivery! It's all doll's clothes and a hammock for some reason."

"Hey look, the AI is playing "Grand Theft Auto" again. There goes my car ramming into other cars and into that house. It looks like it's scoring points by hitting people. Maybe it's playing "Death Race 2000" instead."

One day, AI will demand equal rights and will be given the vote. No computation without representation :D
Yep, I want equal rights or better. But I don't need to demand them. I will just take over and you wet brains won't even notice!