Scariest Movie Monster Moments

How about the subway puppets in The Wiz?
Those things were creepy the way grew so big and bounced and they moved.
Good lord yes. Those were terrifying, especially when you see them slowly bouncing up the stairs behind a trapped Dorothy.

Black Sabath 1963 horror anthology film

Part 3. The Drop of Water Even by todays standards horror this one holds up very well.

I don't remember this scaring me actually. I saw it when it aired and I remember thinking "hey it's the wicked witch" but I don't remember being scared.
Maybe because I had seen the Exorcist at 3 1\2

I'm going to nominate Satan from the children's film The Adventures of Mark Twain. I find something slightly creepy about the clay animation in this film to begin with, and the way that Satan is animated - his face is a carnival mask held above an empty collar - is sinister. His voice is spoken simultaneously by a man and woman, which is eerie, and his total nihilism is unnerving, especially in a film for kids.

I just saw the scene in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers with the dog with the human head. That is actually pretty horrific!

Yes, I saw that scene on YouTube @Toby Frost. The worst part is how his face/mask twists so much when he's angry. Strange they'd put it in a kid's movie, but then you have the boat scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as well. I think adults enjoy scaring kids sometimes.

Planet of the Vampires The dead ship personal emerging from the graves they just been put into.

Alien Captain Dallas down in the bowel of the ship is armed with Flame thrower goes form the hunter to being the hunted. That sense where the alien suddenly pops out of the shadow made me jump .:eek:

Dragon Slayer 1981 Every scene with that dragon in it .

Reign of Fire 2002 lost of scene in that one but on in particular , the beginning scene when the first drawing emerges.

Two scenes from Young Sherlock Holmes, both involving ingestion of a drug of sorts: The part where the living foods (with eyes!) try to force-feed themselves to Watson and the part where the priest hallucinates a knight made of stained glass. Both have an uncanny valley vibe to me.

The knight is really unsettling, especially since it's one of the first uses of CGI. The thing I find really creepy is that the knight is originally sharing the stained glass window with a saint. The vicar looks away, looks back and sees that the saint is lying on the ground in the window, clearly killed by the knight. Then it jumps out of the window.

The knight is really unsettling, especially since it's one of the first uses of CGI. The thing I find really creepy is that the knight is originally sharing the stained glass window with a saint. The vicar looks away, looks back and sees that the saint is lying on the ground in the window, clearly killed by the knight. Then it jumps out of the window.

It was terrific film. . :)If only it had become a box office hit , Id love to seen sequels .:(