Tales of the Walking Dead (AMC+)

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Six different stories. One dead world. Tales of the Walking Dead is AMC's episodic anthology series from The Walking Dead Universe, consisting of six original one-hour standalone episodes focused on new and established characters within the walker apocalypse. Each episode has its own distinct tone and point of view — but the stakes are high in each story, pushing new, indelible characters with relentless, life-threatening choices and situations. We get to see the apocalypse through different eyes, discovering more worlds, mythos, and mysteries of the Walking Dead. Directed by Michael E. Satrazemis and written by showrunner Channing Powell, Season 1 Episode 3 is Dee's story.

Firstly, a confession. I've been watching these for my own guilty pleasure. I've been hesitant on touching the TWD material, since the end of Fear's last season in such a fiasco. And seeing the associated film in regard to the origins of the USS Pennsylvania's zombie infestation. They were both failures.

So three episodes in, none of these short stories has been a failure. Two of them has showed the beginning, and the failures along the way on accepting that they're now living in the Kirkman's world. Samantha's Alpha Origin going along the Whisper association is the biggest treasure they've shown so far. Therefore, I think it's right for them to give these short pieces a room to air that run in normal time, around the 40-50 min mark.

Also note that while I say I've seen three, I've already seen the fourth one, and it's set in the future. The Dead are still there, causing problems, while the society has real social problems. But they also coin a latin term for the Dead.

If you haven't, I warmly recommend you to check out the first three pieces and make up on your own mind if these origin stories are a thing for you.

Six different stories. One dead world. Tales of the Walking Dead is AMC's episodic anthology series from The Walking Dead Universe, consisting of six original one-hour standalone episodes focused on new and established characters within the walker apocalypse. Each episode has its own distinct tone and point of view — but the stakes are high in each story, pushing new, indelible characters with relentless, life-threatening choices and situations. We get to see the apocalypse through different eyes, discovering more worlds, mythos, and mysteries of the Walking Dead. Directed by Haifaa al-Mansour and written by Ahmadu Garba, Season 1 Episode 4 is Amy/Dr. Everett's story.

I really liked this one.

I really liked this one.
TALES OF THE WALKING DEAD, S1, 04, AMY, DR EVERETT: Anyone remember WILD KINGDOM? Here in the USA, it was sponsored by MUTUAL OF OMAHA, & was, as I recall, MUTUAL OF OMAHA's WILD KINGDOM. They usually had guys in a LAND ROVER chasing herds of antelope in Africa, one guy sitting in a chair mounted on the front fender having a rifle shooting tranquilizer darts, etc., & attaching radio transmitters to the critters, so they could track the herd's movements, etc. So, here's this guy, trying to do all that, but without the Land Rover, the camera crew, or the other guy. :LOL: He even had a scientific-sounding species name homo mortus or something like that.

Reactions: ctg
TALES OF THE WALKING DEAD, S1, 04, AMY, DR EVERETT: Anyone remember WILD KINGDOM? Here in the USA, it was sponsored by MUTUAL OF OMAHA, & was, as I recall, MUTUAL OF OMAHA's WILD KINGDOM. They usually had guys in a LAND ROVER chasing herds of antelope in Africa, one guy sitting in a chair mounted on the front fender having a rifle shooting tranquilizer darts, etc., & attaching radio transmitters to the critters, so they could track the herd's movements, etc. So, here's this guy, trying to do all that, but without the Land Rover, the camera crew, or the other guy. :LOL: He even had a scientific-sounding species name homo mortus or something like that.
Exactly, and he was doing it to the end. All for the science.