The Dead Space Series... Whatcha think?

Draven Vertigo

Aspiring writer.
I once heard about a rare happening within a massive game publisher called EA back in the day. Supposedly they wanted to do a survival horror game but didnt have the XP or chops to do so. A brave team came forward and was like "Give us some time and leave us the f*ck alone in this particular Corner of the room and we'll give you one." And holy sh*t was it dope. Not only was Dead Space unique and fresh but it was down right scary. I had a friend who tested it and said the dev's wanted to testers in the dark with high Quality Dolby 5.1 headphones on. I love the games especially part 1 and 2. I always have an itch to watch Event Horizon after a playthrough of part 1. Or whenever I watch Event Horizon an Itch to do a playthrough.

I once heard about a rare happening within a massive game publisher called EA back in the day. Supposedly they wanted to do a survival horror game but didnt have the XP or chops to do so. A brave team came forward and was like "Give us some time and leave us the f*ck alone in this particular Corner of the room and we'll give you one." And holy sh*t was it dope. Not only was Dead Space unique and fresh but it was down right scary. I had a friend who tested it and said the dev's wanted to testers in the dark with high Quality Dolby 5.1 headphones on. I love the games especially part 1 and 2. I always have an itch to watch Event Horizon after a playthrough of part 1. Or whenever I watch Event Horizon an Itch to do a playthrough.
I remember discussing Dead Space in the thread What game are you currently playing? I didn't know the history behind the game, but I agree that it was so good that it seemed to be a revival of the subgenre. Sadly, no good third-person survival horror game came in until The Evil Within (another great one btw).

I also like DS a lot, especially the second one. The third one is pretty bad because it's mostly action and no horror. A remake has been announced. The devs are reportedly taking suggestions from fans so we can expect a great game. Also, a "spiritual sucessor" (so-called before the announcement of the remake) is in development. It's called The Callisto Protocol.

Dead Space is quite a franchise. Besides the game, there's also two animated movies. I watched the first one on Amazon and I think it's neat. It's pretty much a retelling of the first game. I didn't watch the second movie because of the 3D animation.

Currently I have open playthroughs of 1 and 2 going. I loved the Evil Within! Sadly the 2nd one suffered so bad from sequelitus that I could only stomach a single playthrough. I'm soooooo looking forward to the reboot. They got the original Voice actor for Isaac and he'll actually talk this time in part 1. It would be nice if they redid the whole Trilogy But I guess I'll just have to be happy with the original For now which is ok because I REALLY like the 1st one. I got the "One Gun" achievement for it and now just run most of my playthroughs With just the plasma cutter. Dunno why lol

I played Dead Space about ten years ago. I really enjoyed what I played, but it scared the hell out of me and i had to keep coming out after an hour of play. I was obsessed with the Twinkle, twinkle little star video at the time.

I have it in my Steam library and fancy a replay. Perhaps after i finish Fallout 3.

Has anyone seen Dead Space: Downfall? It was a cartoon told in the DS universe. A prequel, I think.

Last edited:
I loved the first Dead Space. It was Resi 4 in space, basically, but it was great to play.

I see Dead Space 3 is on Steam now. (It wasn't before. Something to do with money.)

I'll pick it up on pay day.

I played Dead Space about ten years ago. I really enjoyed what I played, but it scared the hell out of me and i had to keep coming out after an hour of play. I was obsessed with the Twinkle, twinkle little star video at the time.

I have it in my Steam library and fancy a replay. Perhaps after i finish Fallout 3.

Has anyone seen Dead Space: Downfall? It was a cartoon told in the DS universe. A prequel, I think.

Ive never played the game . I saw this film , quite good. :cool:

Try the game, Baylor. I'd love to see what you make of it. It scared the willies out of me.

**UPDATE**

So the Dead Space 1 remake is out and I'm playing it now. My impressions so far is that overall it's amazing! Graphics are stunning, they made the flamethrower glorious, pulse rifle still sucks, i like how they made the contact beam an ACTUAL beam and still kept the original function as the secondary fire for the weapon meh.

Although I do have some gripes. Mainly the Voice Acting for Isaac (in some parts) and Hammond and Kendra are LACKING! Like Kendra was WAY more emotional in the original and in shock from seeing the horrors of the Necromorphs in action.

I want to get the remake and perhaps The Callisto Protocol, (which i have heard as the spiritual Dean Space 4) this pay day.

I've been watching some videos and both look quite brilliant.