Amazing Stories (1985)

Guttersnipe

mortal ally

Amazing Stories was an American speculative anthology series in the vein of The Twilight Zone, only it tended towards humor and happy endings. It was Stephen Spielberg's brainchild. You can watch it online by googling "amazing stories + (episode name) + dailymotion." I haven't seen too many, but the ones I have seen are very good. Highly recommended.

Standouts so far:

"The Amazing Falsworth": a psychic man senses a murderer, only doesn't know what the latter looks like
"Mirror, Mirror": a horror novelist is haunted by a monster in reflections
"Vanessa in the Garden": a man finds a way to reach his deceased wife through paintings
"Lane Change": a woman meets an older lady who knows about her past
"Thanksgiving": a farmer's stepdaughter discovers some gift-giving beings live in their well
"The Pumpkin Competition": a mean old lady will stop at almost nothing to win the titular event

Of note: There has been a 2019 reboot. It's terrible.

Trivia: One episode, an entirely animated story, "The Family Dog," became a series.
Also, Spielberg's film, Batteries Not Included, was originally conceived as an episode.

Last edited:

Amazing Stories was an American speculative anthology series in the vein of The Twilight Zone, only it tended towards humor and happy endings. It was Stephen Spielberg's brainchild. You can watch it online by googling "amazing stories + (episode name) + dailymotion." I haven't seen too many, but the ones I have seen are very good. Highly recommended.

Standouts so far:

"The Amazing Falsworth": a psychic man senses a murderer, only doesn't know what the latter looks like
"Mirror, Mirror": a horror novelist is haunted by a monster in reflections
"Vanessa in the Garden": a man finds a way to reach his deceased wife through paintings
"Lane Change": a woman meets an older lady who knows about her past
"Thanksgiving": a farmer's daughter discovers a gift-giving being lives in a well
"The Pumpkin Competition": a mean old lady will stop at nothing to win the titular event

Of note: There has been a 2019 reboot. It's terrible.

Trivia: One episode, an entirely animated story, "The Family Dog," became a series.
Also, Spielberg's film, Batteries Not Included, was originally conceived as an episode.

Check out the episode Mummy Daddy That one is hysterical funny. It's also great send up of Universals classic mummy movies.:D

Tv seres you should check out Cliffhangers Ran for one season 12 episodes in 1979. Each episode had 3 stories

1. Stop Susan Williams
2. Dracula
3. The Secret Empire
which is remake of the old Gene Autry serial The Phantom Empire

They did mange tie up all three stories in the last episode.

It was done in the style of the old fashioned movie series of the 1930's , 40's and early 50's

Episodes of further interest on amazing stories

Dorthy and Ben
The Mission
Without Diana

"Without Diana" and "The Doll" (by Richard Matheson, no less) are the most touching episodes I've seen so far. Matheson also wrote the stories "One for the Books," which I liked, and "Miss Stardust," which I didn't.