Silliest Names of Characters , Places and Things in Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This topic covers , novels , short stories , comic book and graphic novels, feature films, tv series both live action and animated , and games.

Major Major Major Major, General Shiesskopf and Captain Aardvark from Catch-22.

President Merkin Muffley and Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove
Buckaroo Banzai and John Bigboote
Eccentrica Gallumbits, from HHikers also makes me laugh.
Humbert Humbert from Lolita
Stilton Cheesewright - From Jeeves and Wooster

Major Major Major Major, General Shiesskopf and Captain Aardvark from Catch-22.

President Merkin Muffley and Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove
Buckaroo Banzai and John Bigboote
Eccentrica Gallumbits, from HHikers also makes me laugh.
Humbert Humbert from Lolita
Stilton Cheesewright - From Jeeves and Wooster

In the case of Buckaroo Banzai, one of the things that exposed the rogue Red Lectroid aliens was the fact that all of them had same first name of John. Also. John Bigboote would get upset when his last name was mispronounced . :D

Last edited:
Douglas Adams had some really cool names for his characters from Hotblack Desiato to Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I'll allow Charles Dickens to slide into the realm of fantasy and say that just about all of his characters are wonderfully named.

Douglas Adams had some really cool names for his characters from Hotblack Desiato to Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I'll allow Charles Dickens to slide into the realm of fantasy and say that just about all of his characters are wonderfully named.
Hotblack & Desiato is a firm of estate agents in SE England who got a bit annoyed when Adams ( brilliantly) adapted its name. There is a slightly cryptic disclaimer in HHGTTG.

Puddleglum from The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis and a dimension called Bumppp in a Robert Asprin book.

M'Fashnik - or "or maybe its mmm'fashnik, like mmm cookies!"

Speed Racer tv series In one episode ,

Speed faced off against an evil rich man named Mr. Fastbuck

And one his racing rival went by the name Skull Duggery

Whilst not really silly, many of the names in the Culture were pretty original, inventive and long.

Last edited:
I just remembered a character from the the First Law Trilogy called Teufel. Sounds silly to me beucase that means 'Devil' in German. Abercrombie's dark fantasy is all about a world full of bad people, bad weather, bad everything. So someone named 'Devil' is very cringe.

Ftmch the demon, (played by David Rappaport) from The Young Ones. He complained that no-one ever summoned him accidentally cos of his name, irrc

Back