Blood of the Clans

TheEndIsNigh

...Prepare Thyself
Supporter
Hi folks

Not science fiction but hey we're in lockdown so as I see it (though moderators may disagree) anything of interest, is of interest.

BBC one series - Neil Oliver does a fantastic job of bringing the history to life.

Enjoy

Not science fiction but
It could always inspire a person to write some fantasy. I understand that much of the inspiration for GOT came from the Wars of the Roses. Maybe this would have been better in the history section?:)

Hopefully this link will work

It could always inspire a person to write some fantasy. I understand that much of the inspiration for GOT came from the Wars of the Roses. Maybe this would have been better in the history section?:)

It wouldn't surprise me if the Red Wedding was inspired by the Glencoe Massacre, and the Scottish tradition of safe shelter once a guest has been given sustenance.

Btw it was a brilliant mini-series, and this was much to do with the fantastic presentation. Neil Oliver obviously loves the subject material and revelled in his Scottishness. I wonder which clan he is related to?

Btw it was a brilliant mini-series, and this was much to do with the fantastic presentation. Neil Oliver obviously loves the subject material and revelled in his Scottishness. I wonder which clan he is related to?
He’s written a book on the history of Scotland and his passion for the subject shines through there too. It’s well worth a read:)

It wouldn't surprise me if the Red Wedding was inspired by the Glencoe Massacre, and the Scottish tradition of safe shelter once a guest has been given sustenance.

The Red Wedding drew it's inspiration from The Black Dinner an infamous event in Scottish history. It is well worth looking up.