The Last Starfighter 2

The original should have generated at least 3 or 4 sequels. But better late than never. :(

I wonder who is going to play Centauri. and Grig ? Those are going to be hard roles to fill :unsure:

This is pretty good news, but I really hope that the studio does it Justice.

The Last Starfighter was something of a gem and I am surprised a sequel wasn't done sooner.

Wow, that is bizarre. I adored the movie as a kid, but... a sequel? Really? 36 years later?

Didn't do the Blade Runners any harm. That being said, I ... I have not actually seen The Last Starfighter (I don't think I have anyway; it looks like exactly the sort of thing I'd have been all over in '84. I must have seen it... checking it out now)

It will be about Alex Rogan , living off of his name on the planet Rylos , partying , hard drinking , doing lectures, book signings and lending his name out to advertisers selling products for money . All those years have taken a toll on poor Alex, who is now a bitter , middle aged grizzled , overweight, estranged from his wife and kids and divorced has been. Meanwhile, Zur whose been quietly living under the radar on Rylos and plotting his political comeback and those wacky but lovable Kodans have come back for a rematch. Rogan is forced to get back into his flight suite ( which is now 3 sizes too small) and do battle . :D

Last edited:
Didn't do the Blade Runners any harm. That being said, I ... I have not actually seen The Last Starfighter (I don't think I have anyway; it looks like exactly the sort of thing I'd have been all over in '84. I must have seen it... checking it out now)

Ive see this film many times. It never gets old. :cool:

This would have also worked as a tv series.

I'm not sure who this title is going to be aimed at. A large percentage of the cinema-going audience will dismiss it as they haven't seen the original, and many of us who have will probably dismiss it as being too late.

It surely would have made much more sense to do this as a remake of the original. Obviously have to transpose the arcade cabinet to a home console, but it would still resonate today.

I'm not sure who this title is going to be aimed at. A large percentage of the cinema-going audience will dismiss it as they haven't seen the original, and many of us who have will probably dismiss it as being too late.

It surely would have made much more sense to do this as a remake of the original. Obviously have to transpose the arcade cabinet to a home console, but it would still resonate today.

A tv series might have been a better idea. :)