Mind blowing comics

fabrice4

Not in order of mind blowing, just as they come

- Jim Steranko
crazy stuff!!!! a genius
1960s ... 60 years ago ... just pencil and ink ... nobody would be able now ... a lost art

- Enki Bilal
monster trilogy and animals

look for "immortal ad vitam" on youtube

- Lorenzo Mattotti
WOW!!!!
can't find the words ...

- Jack Kirby
awe inspiring, epic

- Carl Banks

- Cavazzano

- Magnus
"the 110 pills" BEWARE ADULT CONTENT
a master of ink

- HERGE
TINTIN ...
purity of lines

- AKIRA original manga and japanese speaking movie ... english lost in translation ... way of speaking totally lost :(

... and some more

hope you enjoy

Last edited:
What Alan Moore and J. H. Williams III do in Promethea, in terms of marrying words and images, making full use of he medium's potential, ranks as one of the trippiest comics ever. Moore's ideas on magic were never more clearly presented than here. And the world-building is insanely immersive.

Moore's ideas on magic were never more clearly presented than here.
It is the clearest and most engaging "text" on Hermetic magic I've come across, and a great achievement just for that. But I think that comes at the expense of the story's plot, which is a bit weak.

As for mind-blowing comics, no thread on that would be complete without Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.

It is the clearest and most engaging "text" on Hermetic magic I've come across, and a great achievement just for that. But I think that comes at the expense of the story's plot, which is a bit weak.

As for mind-blowing comics, no thread on that would be complete without Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.

No disagreement about The Invisibles, it's crazy stuff! I'm nearly certain I owe Morrison the discovery of Robert Anton Wilson.

But why do you think Promethea is weak on plot or story? I know it's a popular take on the series; many think it's just Moore giving magic lectures; I personally disagree. But why do you think it's weak story-wise?

But why do you think Promethea is weak on plot or story? I know it's a popular take on the series; many think it's just Moore giving magic lectures; I personally disagree. But why do you think it's weak story-wise?
It's a fair question, but I'm afraid I can't remember much about the actual plot (apart from the magic tuition), only that I had that reaction to it both times I read it. Maybe the elements outside the tuition seemed to be there just to bookend the tuition stuff? The tuition stuff was way too long for the effect it had plot-wise on everything else? That's all I can pull from my memory.