Film search - trying to remember a film

Overread

Searching for a flower
So we have book search now here's a film search!

I recall seeing a bit of this film years ago and can only remember a few bits and its bugging me that I can never remember enough to find it.

From what I can recall:
1) It was post apoc in setting; or at least set in a region where there was no regular law enforcement/society.

2) The heroes end the film travelling in a vehicle away into what appear to be the wasteland. I believe they arrived/travelled at the start of the film in this vehicle (based on the way it ends and the comments made at the end). It was some kind of mobile military style vehicle or explorer or survival truck

3) They encounter regular people wherever they are in the world who appear to be ruled over by a local land owner/lord (your evil character for the film). At the end I believe they get killed (or some do) by being thrown into pig pens (bit hazy on this last memory and it could be I'm mixing it up with Thunder Dome, but I don't think so).

I know that's not much to go on, sadly its all I can faithfully recall and, as I said, I only caught the end of the film.

Travelling in a military vehicle could be Damnation Alley
570D5F18-018A-48AC-965E-5CA6974C205E.jpeg

I agree , It sounds like Damnation Alley with Jan Micheal Vincent, George Peppard , Paul Winfield . An atrocious film. :eek: It's based off the 1969 science fiction novel Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny . The book is terrific and a classic. :cool: (y)

Apparently 20th Century Fox thought it was going to be the film of the year, unfortunately another little film hit the screens in 1977.

Apparently 20th Century Fox thought it was going to be the film of the year, unfortunately another little film hit the screens in 1977.

They took a really great book and turned it into a very bad film. It would have failed at box office even without arrival of Star Wars.

Another film title needed - not sci fi genre.
This has been bugging me since I watched the last half of it on telly back in the early 1970's.

A young brother and sister out in the desert (not Walkabout! Every search I've ever done leads me to Walkabout) and they're staggering about nearly dead with thirst.
They have to keep moving because this bad guy is trying to kill them, what they don't realise is, for a reason I missed viewing, he needs to make it look accidental....found dead of thirst after taking the wrong route to safety.

To achieve this he keeps appearing in a jeep and getting them to run deeper into the wastelands. At one point he pulls up in front of them, fills a large glass with water from a flask, puts a slice of lemon on the side, drinks about half it in a tormenting manner with lots of lip smacking, then he tips the rest onto the burning sands as they whimper in despair.
He starts his Jeep and they again stagger off as he slowly nears them.
I think (not sure!) he has some kind of mishap near the end and the youngsters do get to some help.

Anyone?

This has been bugging me since I watched the last half of it on telly back in the early 1970's.

A young brother and sister out in the desert (not Walkabout! Every search I've ever done leads me to Walkabout) and they're staggering about nearly dead with thirst.
They have to keep moving because this bad guy is trying to kill them, what they don't realise is, for a reason I missed viewing, he needs to make it look accidental....found dead of thirst after taking the wrong route to safety.

To achieve this he keeps appearing in a jeep and getting them to run deeper into the wastelands. At one point he pulls up in front of them, fills a large glass with water from a flask, puts a slice of lemon on the side, drinks about half it in a tormenting manner with lots of lip smacking, then he tips the rest onto the burning sands as they whimper in despair.
I think (not sure!) he has some kind of mishap near the end and the youngsters do get to some help.

Anyone?
Nobody watched this? Ever?

Anyone?

Was this a made for television movie? if so , and if you can approximate the year , You could look at television films broadcasted in the early 1970's. It might be possible to Track it down that way and you might even be able ot plot synopsis too.

Last edited:
I never thought of it being a TV movie, I assumed it was a feature film.
Good point, I'll try searching that way instead.
Cheers